Monday, April 13, 2015

A Moment of Clarity...

So, for those of you who keep up with me, you know that things have been tough for The Man and I lately.  We have struggled through this last month, through hurt feelings and feeling of betrayal and the death of a friend.

Today, I had a very serious moment of clarity.  While The Man was home alone, he was trying to put the lawn mower on the back of the truck for my dad to borrow.  As he almost reached the top of the ramps into the truck, the ramps snapped, and The Man fell backwards flat on his back with the lawn mower on top of him.  Did I mention he was home alone?  So that you can have a really vivid (look I suffered, thought I would share) picture of what landed on him, I have added a pic. for your viewing terror.

Image result for hustler zero turn mowers
 
Feel free to gasp!!  I did.
 
So after it became very, very clear to me that I could have lost my husband, my love, my friend, my protector, and my leader, I thanked the Lord above profusely for protecting my Moon Hangin' Man.  Then, the world shifted, the clouds rolled back and I came to the conclusion, that whatever I feel or we need to work through, really, REALLY pales in comparison to the mere thought of NOT having him to love and cherish.  He is sore, very sore, but nothing in broken and I did beg him to promise me he would never do anything like that again while home alone.  He didn't give me a hard time, or make light of my fears...  He completely agreed for my sake as well as his..

 
 


8 comments:

  1. Oh, I hate how the reality of life intrudes upon our worries and makes a clearer picture for us to focus on. I hope the two of you can work this all out and I hope The Man starts feeling better after that accident.

    Hugs,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is very sore, but nothing is broken

      Delete
  2. Good grief! That must have been terrifying for both of you. I'm glad you are both okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so very scary... but we are settling...

      Delete
  3. OMG Dana! Talk about scary! So very happy the Man is not severely hurt. Also happy for your 'AHA' moment. It only takes a moment for your life to totally change. Thanks to the Man for agreeing not to do that again! Sending lots of prayers of thanks and healing energy.

    Hugs and blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Have mercy... I just sat and shivered...

      Delete
  4. Hi Dana! So grateful your husband is okay. You know, God uses unusual things to bring us back to reality and make us grateful for who is right in front of us. So glad you came to that realization. Life is precious and so is your relationship between the two of you. I have confidence that you will be able to work everything out between the two of you and that things will only get better from here!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the absolute truth. I'm still a little sick to think about it...

      Delete