Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Can Someone please Stop the Merry go Round?

When I was a kid, we used to say..  HEY!!  Someone stop the merry-go-round, I wanna get off!!!  Yeah well...

I have not been here, and for that I am sorry.  I have missed you guys!!  Lots.  Let's see...  Let's do this in bullet form, and for your amusement!!

  • My mother got her medicine wrong and was only taking a 1/3 of her dosage...  Wanna guess how well that went with her bi-polar self? 
 
 
Image result for crazy cartoon
 
(And before anyone gets theirs panties in a twist. that is NOT her, it's ME)
 
 
  • I came home to find my sons girlfriend in his bedroom WITH him...  Ya'll can just guess how well that went.  Just suffice to say, it was not pretty.  The Man was right there to back me up!!
    •  
    •  
Image result for You thought that was a good idea why?
 
 
My father has determined that cardiac rehab isn't for him, and neither is eating to control his diabetes..  Gotta love him.
 
 
One the up side, I worked at home today and OMG!!!  I got three cases worked up and ready to turn in.  I am so happy.
 
The Man comes home tomorrow and he will be home for Valentines Day for the first time in years.  I got flowers and the promise of a rather exciting good girl spanking.
 
If you could have seen the faces of our 21, 18 and 16 year old when I told them to be cleared out of the house by 6 pm on Valentines and not to come back till 11.  OMG..  It was such sweet revenge.  They couldn't get out of my kitchen fast enough.  Okay.. It's petty...  but hey... gotta take the shots where you can.
 
I am doing dinner and then The Man is doing me..  so to speak... 
 
I have truly missed you guys!!!  I hope things are going well in your corner of the world!!!

14 comments:

  1. Dana,
    I love when you reversed things on the kids. Have fun on Valentine's Day.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the little thing ya know? We are having a stay at home date. They are my favorite, unless we are going to New Orleans.. Then THAT is my fav...

      Delete
  2. Hey stranger...was just thinking about you today. Had lost track of when the Man was home/gone and hate to interrupt any time you have with him.

    When it comes to dealing with parents, sometimes ya just have to say "Lord, hope you've got them cause they sure ain't listening to me!"

    Yup...been there done that with the girlfriend in the son's room...only this one was in the bed under the covers. Then had the audacity to tell my son she didn't understand why I had my panties in a twist! She was smart enough not to say that within my hearing. ;)

    Way to go on giving the kiddos their marching orders. So happy you and the Man are going to have Valentine's together! Enjoy!!!

    Am here if ya need anything.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started to call the other night.. I have just been in a funk...

      Delete
  3. Hang in there with the parents. Doing the best you can is all anyone can ask. Glad to hear The Man is home for Valentine's Day - hope you both have an awesome time together. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Girlfriend.. It's just hard to let him choose to die..

      Delete
  4. Love, love, love your post. Sorry about your parents, feeling your pain with the girlfriend, but love how you talked to the kids. Perfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Girlie, Girl... I hope you have an awesomely hot Valentines Day

      Delete
  5. Ha ha! Love the post! And oh my gosh I haven't had the luxury of finding children in bed with their boyfriend/girlfriend. Not sure that will ever happen with my DD ....DS is still young, soooo who knows?!? Good luck and blessings to you as you navigate everything with your dad and mom. And ENJOY Valentines Day! My guy is working (bummer). Re-christen as many rooms as you can! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup.. Yup... the living room, the dining room, (not the kitchen... I cook there)... I am sorry your man is away. I know the feeling well...

      Delete
  6. Good to hear from you. Enjoy your time with the man and whatever else comes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, in his bedroom? I would have flipped...then maybe flipped some more... Ugh, these kids do keep us on our toes don't they? I am glad you got the upper hand in your Valentines evening! You go girl! :0)

    Hugs,
    Irish Lucky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was NOT one of my finer moments!! Have mercy...

      Delete