Monday, December 15, 2014

Either hide the paddles or me!!!

Well, folks...  No other way but to say it...  I have made a major mistake and then compounded it by hiding it.  I'm not sure just HOW many of the D's I have broken, but my first thought would be... a bunch!!

I don't do well with guilt.  It eats at me.  I am my own worst critic.  Long and short, I made a financial error, and then compounded it by not dealing with it for 4 months.  Yes, you read right.  Geez..  :)  Anywho..  I got my big girl panties on and dealt with it today.  Well most of it.  The big part of it. 

I thought long and hard about telling The Man.  My first thought was to wait till he gets home.  I am ashamed and embarrassed to admit that I waited till I fixed it to tell him.  Actually, I am just ashamed and embarrassed period.  That I did it and then that I hid it from him for months.

I am also embarrassed and shocked at how many women I talked to today that encouraged me to just hide it from him, never tell him.  I was so shocked and then shamed to realize, effectively I had done just that.  It seemed silly to say to them, that's not how we roll, when that is certainly how I rolled for 4 months.

I sent The Man an email, and simply explained the situation.  I fessed up, came clean, whatever you want to call it.  He was gracious and kind as always.  I am not getting a spanking for making the mistake, but I am getting one for hiding it from him willfully. 

So, I have three weeks to hide the paddles are get the heck outta dodge.... :)

8 comments:

  1. Ugh. That guilt is the worst, isn't it? (((hugs)))

    You can come hide here Dana. I could use the company. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the worst. Especially knowing that I am to blame. I may take you up on that offer if I can't stash the "implements." :)

      Delete
  2. Yeah Dana and if you managed to hide the paddles or come hide with me or Grace or anyone else, the guilt would eat you up even more! So very proud of you for fessing up and so very proud of the Man for how he is handling the situation.

    One thing I will say...DO NOT beat yourself up for the next three weeks. You fessed up, he has forgiven you and it will be taken care of when he gets home. I'm here if there is anything I can do to help.

    Sending lots of positive energy your way.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the best. You know that? I am pretty okay things. I am still very embarrassed about my behavior, but I know he loves me.

      Delete
  3. We've all done it sweetheart and like Grace and you have said, the guilt is the worst. Don't get me wrong, the paddle is no fun, but knowing that I have disappointed my Mistress is the worst.

    We are human and we do make mistakes, including the mistake of hiding it from him. In the end you did the right thing and your relationship will be better for it in the end. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and the kind words. The Man is loving and kind, it's just hard. I am much more disappointed in myself than he is...

      Delete
  4. Ugh. Financial boo boos make me feel guilty in a very unique and icky way. I'm sorry! But good for you for fixing it and fessing up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee!! Yes, I feel like such a slug... and it was hard fessing up!!!

      Delete