Sunday, November 16, 2014

I Remember You

It has been a year Tuesday since you left this world behind.  You have been free from pain and won the fight of cancer, in a very different way than I would have liked. 

I am trying hard to wear the mantle you left for me in our family.  It's hard.  I still call your phone just to hear you voice on the message.  When things are hard and I need a friend, I still think that I need to talk to you.

I remember your laugh and how much joy you took in life and gave back.  I remember that you loved to play practical jokes and oh the parties we gave.

While I waited to see if Daddy was going to come out of his surgery, I felt you close to me, holding my heart as you always had. 

I know that as long as you are in my heart, part of you will remain, but I remember you.  I remember your love, your spirit, and I am better for it.

 
It has been almost a year since my Aunt died, and I miss her everyday.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


13 comments:

  1. I know it's hard and I'm sorry. That you're feeling her loss. She is in a good place and watching over you. I'm here anytime if you need to talk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks C. Most days are okay. I know the pressing grief is because we are coming up on the first year mark. I don't miss her suffering. I just miss her.

      Delete
  2. It is so hard isn't it Dana...just pure D sucks! :( I am so happy that your aunt was with you during the tough time you had with your daddy...how comforting was that! Hope he is doing better. I'm also here anytime you need to chat.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard. Much harder some days than others. It's a sweet sorrow.

      Delete
  3. As hard as it is missing her, you are right Dana-as long as you have her in your heart she IS still there with you. I feel this was about my grandmother & it's been almost 2.5 years-it just plain sucks when we loose someone so supportive & wonderful in our lives. I am glad you could feel her with you during the ordeal with your dad.
    Hang in there,
    Love,
    Scarlet ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loss is hard, no doubt about it. She was such a vital part of my life, it's just so very hard.

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry, Dana. Loss is so difficult and just when you think you're good, it hits you out of no where. How fortunate for you that you have such wonderful memories and that you can feel her. I encourage you to write your memories down and read them often. It helps keep her alive.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a good idea Sarah, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks so much

      Delete
  5. Still wiping off the tears on my cheeks. Beautiful and heartfelt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved her so very much.. With all my heart.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hugs are the best.. the absolute best

      Delete