Friday, July 25, 2014

Day and Night...

In the day time, they call me Dragon Slayer.  I am fierce, I am loyal, I work long and hard for those who need someone to stand for them.

But when night comes, I am weary, I am afraid of things that go bump in the night.  I long for a time when someone would look under my bed and keep the monsters at bay.  The Monsters, that wait, quietly, lurking in the quietness of my mind.  Waiting for sleep to overtake me.

In the day time, I am strong, I am resolved, I am smart and I am cunning.  I juggle many roles and few understand the toll it takes.

But when night comes, I long for the one who holds me and takes from me the need to be.. be strong, be capable, be in control.  That I can rest knowing that he's got me, and nothing will harm while he is watching over me in my sleep. 

In the day time, I network, I am loyal, I encourage, I want to do my best.  Even when I know I am often faced with the fact that my best is not enough.  This doesn't mean I have failed, it simply means there is nothing more I can do.  I pick myself up and keep trying.

But when night comes, my heart hurts, I am faced with the fact my best could not be enough.  I long for the one who eases the ache, who whispers love, who lets me be the woman that needs to be held and loved.

In the day time, I am woman hear me ROAR!!!

But... when night time comes, the little girl in me that lays hidden, who longs to be held, and loved, and cherished, and taken care of misses the one who made it safe for her to show herself.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Sweet Dana...I do know how you feel...feel that way most every night. :(

    It's been a rough week hasn't it...I am sorry you are missing the Man so badly. I am here if it would help to talk. Sending lots of prayers and healing energy.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been an extremely rough week and next week isn't looking a whole lot more promising.

      Delete
  2. Dana,

    Nighttime is always the worst, I'm sorry you're hurting. I hope the time your husband is away goes by quickly for you.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last week was a very hard, hectic week. Those are always the hardest

      Delete
  3. Dana,
    I am sorry you are having a hard time right now-I really feel for you although I do not claim to understand since I have never had to be without my husband as long as you and The Man have to be separated-I will be praying for this time to pass quickly & I hope the week ahead is a better one for you.
    Love,
    Scarlet ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scarlet. He is doing what he needs to do to provide for his family and sacrifices have to be made.

      Delete
  4. Mine is gone again, too, for another 2 weeks. He's been away almost every week since the last week of April. Thankfully, he comes home on weekends - except not this time, and this time he is very, very far away. :-(

    It's not totally safe here on your blog, because there are trolls, of course. But, but, there are those who read and comment here with whom you also are safe to show yourself. I just read a few comments from some of them - your friends, who understand what you want to share. I think you're in some good cyber hands when his hands aren't there to hold you. We all join together and banish each other's monsters all the time. It's not the same thing, but it's pretty cool when it happens - like emotionally uplifting "Whack-A-Troll." (Don't mind me - I'm feeling a bit punchy. Lol!)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and it made total sense. In my life, I am expected so many things, to be the strong one, the stable one, the one... the one... and that night I was so very tired...

      Delete