Thursday, June 12, 2014

H, I, and J

Whew.. I am so sorry.. I hate when people commit to something and then don't follow through... Bummer already..  So.. It has been pretty hectic around here.  Between The Man coming home and his parents coming in and the party for my son...  So, I am catching up today and promise to do better.

So, Here goes:  H is for...  Home.  I am a homebody.  Home is my favorite place to be.  It is my sanctuary, my solace.  It is the place where peace is found.  My daughter in law said that I am more than Mom to my son, I am home.  I am every victory, failure, boo boo, heart ache and triumph all wrapped up in the scent of cookies, and home cooked meals.  To me, it is my job and honor to create a home.  It's more than a house.  It is an atmosphere, and environment that says, "you are loved here.  Here you are accepted." 

I is for.... Intimacy.  I believe TTWD has increased and deepened our level of intimacy with one another.  It's pretty hard not to feel close to someone that loves you enough to give you what you need.  To know that The Man loves me enough to hold me accountable, to make decisions based on what is best for us and me.  To know that he is willing to spank me harder than he wants because it's what I need.  That he holds me, and loves me.  That our communication is better than it ever has been.  Yea, we are more intimate with our hearts and feelings than we ever have been. 

And... J, J is for Jack Daniels..
 
 





.which is what I am going to indulge in when this whole zoo of relatives, and party and graduation is over...


6 comments:

  1. Excellent definitions Dana! I love what your DIL said about you...what a lovely compliment. My definition of home has always been "home is where you are safe, can be yourself and be totally accepted." I do like your J...you can have one for me. Oh and J can also be for joke...have a good giggle with that drink of yours. ;)

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good time was had by all

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Aww, how cute! I have to say I really do love your "J" Good choice! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kenzie... a good time was had by all

      Delete
  3. U did make me laugh with your J. I had a fight with my mother in law one year during a visit. Didn't talk to her or see her for two years. Eventually I compromised with my ex and let her back in our home. Years later, she said how proud she was that she never fought with her five daughter in laws and I smiled but said nothing. When she was dying, she asked ( now divorced from her eldest son) to fly 3000 miles to come see her and say goodbye. I bought my ticket the next day. We had known each other over 30 years, I was delighted to have that opportunity.

    Truth be told, in not that crazy about my sons wife. She's not warm. But she's a wonderful mother and makes my son happy. I tell her that often. Visit for three nights a visit and maintain a companionable relationship. She's a good woman just not my cup of tea. But I'm not married to her.

    In laws. They can be trying for sure. J

    ReplyDelete