Saturday, June 7, 2014

F is for.....

FAMILY
 
 
I was raised in a culture where family is everything.  I was fortunate to have several Uncles and Aunts who weren't blood related, but they were family just the same.  I learned from an early age that family is not blood but connection.
 
We have a biological family that we were born into and Lord knows I have been fortunate.  I grew up with the "three aunts."  I have others, and I am close to them now, but the three..  Yeah, they were a huge part of my world.  Lord knows I miss the two that have gone home to be with Jesus.  There is one left and I love her more everyday.  I am a Daddy's girl and make no apologies for it.
 
We have a church family.  We are of like mind, worship the same, express our love of the Lord in a like fashion and I have been blessed through my life to have been part of congregations that were family, fierce, loyal and faithful.
 
Then we have the family that we make.  I have a best friend whom we have raised our children together.  Our sons are graduating this year.  They are best friends and both are going into the service.  She is my sister, and her husband is my brother.  They have loved my children and accepted us.  When I had no husband, they filled the void.  I never felt like a third wheel.  I was and am family.  We are Aunt and Uncle to their children and they are the same for ours. 
 
And lastly, for me, there are those of you in blogland who have become a part of my family.  You check on me when I am sick, or disappear.  You talk to me when The Man is gone and I am so lonely.  You encourage me through comments, and sometimes, tell me the truth even when it's not what I want to hear but what I need to.  I have laughed with you, cried for you, and prayed when things are tough and have felt you do the same.  So.... F is for family, and 

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful post - 'family' is everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said! There is nothing more important to me than family, although for me 'blood ties' aren't as important as emotional ties. I have a brother I wouldn't spit on if he was on fire. I have people who are no remote relation to me at all that I would defend with my life. I have friends on FB that I consider as close as sisters, but which I've never met face to face. Our sense of Family makes up who we are, and I'm grateful for each and every one of the people who make up mine. :) Thank you for a truly inspirational post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay!!! I am glad someone gets it! Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  3. Yes, our chosen family is just as important as our blood relations! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... and your latest book.. was awesome...

      Delete