Thursday, June 5, 2014

E is for..... Effort

Okay.. so I am joining in a bit late...  but it looks like fun and I don't think anyone is going to mind if I do or you do for that matter.

I decided to use Effort for the letter E. I chose it because I have decided to put my effort toward pleasing my husband rather that letting my in laws drive me bonkers.  At the end of the day, it is his opinion that matters not theirs.  Is it hard?  Yes.  Are there awesome rewards for this kind of effort?  Oh yeah...

Effort is when you don't wanna go to the gym, you can think of fifty millions reasons not to.  You have too much to do, you are too tired, you don't do the moves as well as others, but then you square your shoulders, put your gym clothes on and go.

Effort is when you don't like the rule, don't want the rule, but for the love of your HoH, you try your best to obey the rule, and feel the pride he feels when you do.. Yeah there are rewards.

Effort is when something comes hard to you, that something that you wish to do well in and it just doesn't come naturally to you..  but you struggle through, you put keep at it.  You strive to learn, and you feel the accomplishment of a job well done.

Effort is going through the steps for the umpteenth time with your child, because they missed one of the important steps of whatever they are learning, and the pride you feel when you can step back because they remember all the steps and make it their own...

17 comments:

  1. This lifestyle definitely requires a lot of effort! Perfect word for E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Autumn. It's not always easy, but it's always worth it.

      Delete
  2. Love this! Thanks for joining the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. E is also for excellent. Loved this post Dana. Hope all is well with you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tess!!! I have missed you. Thanks for the compliment. Now for sticking to it.

      Delete
  4. I also thought that this was Excellent! I'm so pleased for you Dana - for your state of mind. E is also for End - as this difficult event WILL have an end to it. Hang in there! :)
    hugs,
    Cali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Cali. They will come and they will go, and we will still be standing... hopefully not because I don't wanna sit down..

      Delete
  5. Hey Dana...totally agree with Tess and Cali...E is for Excellent! I am so proud of you for turning your thinking around. Yes...the Man's opinion is all that matters and I do believe he is going to be super proud of you! Sending lots of positive energy! ;)

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Girlfriend. I am trying really hard.

      Delete
  6. I agree with the others...E is also for excellent, which is exactly what this post is. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace!!! It's a daily, sometimes hourly/minute by minute decision...

      Delete
  7. Love this post Dana, so glad you are in a better place mentally & emotionally & that you are choosing to focus on The Man rather than the in laws or as I like to call them "out laws" lol. I am sending you prayers for strength & serenity!
    Love,
    Scarlet ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAH!!! that is what I call them to...

      Delete
  8. Great post and so positive.
    Good effort!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janey.. I am really trying to keep it all in perspective...

      Delete
  9. Very nice post. Glad you decided to join the fray.

    ReplyDelete