Sunday, June 8, 2014

Chaos!!

I have spent the last two weeks, cleaning, agonizing, trying to make our home the absolute best it can be.  I am proud of the home The Man works so hard to provide for us. 

My children have chipped in and done the lists of things I have asked.  I am down to one room.  It is the room that shows my inner chaos.  It is where I am comfortable showing how out of control I feel.

Today is the day to clean and I don't want to.  I am comfortable in the mess.  It comforts me to see the outward expression of what I feel inside. 

I watched our son be recognized as a graduating senior today.  I was so proud and it humbled me when our youth pastor thanked him for wanting to serve our country.  Inside that grown young man is my baby.  My son whom it took a long time to prove that mommy's are not monsters that go bump in the night.  My son whom it took 4 years to say I love you because he was so afraid.  Now, he is on the cusp of a new adventure and my heart aches.  It aches with pride and the bittersweet memories of my little boy.

It is petty, I know it is, before I even say it.  I so enjoy hosting.  I love sharing our home, showing it off.  Showing off my Grandmothers corner cabinet, my Aunts Crystal, my mothers quilt, and the work I have put into making this shell a home.  I don't wanna share this with my inlaws.  I don't want to expose my home to their lack of approval.  My head knows that no matter what I do, it won't be enough.  The little girl that lives inside of all of us, doesn't want to "share my toys."  Yet, it is the right thing to do, and do it I will.  I just don't have to like it.  Thank God I was trained in Southern Manners, and hospitality... 

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your son, the Man and you for the wonderful young man he has become! Thanks to your son for his willingness to serve our country.

    You were raised right so you will be a gracious hostess. Oh and if you wanna leave that one room in a bit of chaos?...do it...it's your home. When they are there, that door can just be shut.

    Sending lots of prayers and positive energy your way and know I am here if you need anything.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, it's our bedroom and I refuse for The Man to come home to a mess. Nothing worse than a spanking in a messy room...

      Delete
  2. Aw, congratulations to your son! And congrats to you on getting the house cleaned up-- that always feels good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All Done... The Man finally issued the ultimatum.. clean the room or it won't be a good girl spanking... yeah... motivation at it's finest.

      Delete
  3. Congrats to your son. What a great accomplishment. I hope the inlaws visit goes well. I know how hard it can be to put on the show when you really don't feel like it. Good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They hate me TL. Makes it really hard.. ya know ?

      Delete
  4. Congratulations to your son. It's great to see our children grow into adults isn't it? About the inlaws, join the inlaw-club and we can do a competition. To deal with them is a real challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding.. but it helps to know I'm not in the club alone...

      Delete