Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Walkin' on Sunshine... Well....

Yes, it has poured rain for two days.  Yes, I have spent so much time in my car the last 4 days that I feel like my car seat is permanently molded to my butt.  And ya know what?  All of that pales in comparison to the fact... Wait for it... 
 
 
I GOT TO TALK TO THE MAN TODAY!!!!
 
 
 

On the phone, hear his voice kinda talking.  Right after I left the conference after delivering my speech (did I mention that 75 minutes is a long time to present ANYTHING?)  I was in the car and we tried just phone face time and it worked.  It was so good to hear his voice.  He said he was proud of me.  How cool is that?

I have really been struggling with the whole distancing thing.  When things get so overwhelming, I have a tendency to shut down, and shut out.  I have this need to prove I can pull my OWN little red wagon.  


 
(Cat, stop snorting at the implication that I am an Angel...)
 
 
So, I finally told The Man how I was feeling.  I told him that I needed to know that shutting him out was unacceptable.  I told him that sometimes I wish we weren't DD cause on weeks like last week, it's just too hard.  Then I asked him if he would give me one task a day, to help me feel his authority and guidance.
 

The Man told me that YES shutting him out was not acceptable and there would be consequences.  He readily agreed to give me a task, and he has been very available the last couple of days.  I felt his thoughts and prayers today as I began speaking and knew he was rooting for me.

And now, to end your day...  I owe some of you ladies in blogland a very heartfelt apology.  You see, there have been times that some of you have shared that you were in big trouble because you let your car run out of gas...  I am ashamed to admit, I have snorted, chuckled, and thought to myself.....

 
HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU LET YOURSELF RUN OUT OF GAS...
 
whilst driving today, 3 hours from home...  I looked down and thought.. Oh.. I am going to need gas pretty soon.  I drove on, and just as I passed an exit with gas, the light came on...  I thought, I'll get gas at the next exit.
 
Would any of you like to hazard a guess as to HOW long it was until an exit with gas reared it's beautiful head?  I was driving, the gauge was kindly telling me how many miles I had left with the gas I had. 
 
 
I saw 50
 
I saw 40
 
I saw 30
 
 
And then it just started flashing in warning!!!!
 
That is right, 46.5 miles
 
 
Needless to say, my stomach was clinched, fervent prayers began at 30 and in the back of my mind was this thought, "Dear Lord, I wonder if The Man will spank me if I run out of gas?" 
 
 
Then I was sure this was my comeuppance for snorting at my Blogland Friends.  So...  next time, I'm not even gonna roll my eyes.. Promise!!!

 
 


6 comments:

  1. So happy that you and the Man got to talk Dana! I know that made you both feel better. Three cheers for the Man letting you know that distancing is unacceptable! Do love that man of yours...he keeps you in line! :D

    *snort* Angel? *giggle* *snort*

    Oh and I am definitely rolling my eyes at you for almost running out of gas...especially only 4.5 miles before fumes! What if that little computer is off by a bit? Ever think of that? I can just see you driving and muttering...come on gas station...my bottom is sore enough from this drive!

    So happy you made it to the station...even if it was by the skin of your teeth!

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much closer call than I EVER wanted girlfriend

      Delete
  2. Yay! I am so happy for you that you got to talk to the Man and that your speech is over and went so well! I have never run out of gas but only because when I was a child my father used to run out of gas on a regular basis. It was always very stressful and upsetting so I made sure never to do that. I bet you will be extra careful now too!

    hugs
    sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.. I think the gas gauge and I are going to be CLOSE pals....

      Delete
  3. So glad you got to talk to The Man! Also glad your speach went well & I hope you will get some time to unwind from so much time in the car!
    A daily task sounds like a great way to connected & focused while The Man is away-glad it's helping!
    So many glads in this comment I feel like Haily Mills in Pollyanna lol!
    Scarlet ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.. it was a very, very good day.. Sometimes the sound of his voice is all it takes...

      Delete