Sunday, March 23, 2014

Excuse Me? Excuse Me? I would like to turn in my Grown Up papers...

Upon great consideration, consternation, and heartfelt thought (sounds really intense doesn't it?)


 
 
 
 
I have determined that I no longer want to be a grown up.  I will be more than happy to turn in my paperwork and resign. 
 
 
Just this week alone....  there was a 950 dollar bill for the HVAC Unit.
 
 
 
 
 
Not to be out done, my Father decided to take an emergency trip to the hospital and emergency surgery.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then, lest work feel left out, one of my teenagers I work with had to be hospitalized and I had to be the one to admit her.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I woke up this morning in a total panic!!!  The thought occurred to me that tomorrow I am supposed to leave for a conference that I have been asked to be a guest speaker.
 
 
 
 
I have had little to no contact with the man since Monday.  Yep... I keep hunting for the service desk to resign...  I think they are hiding from me.

6 comments:

  1. Oh goodness Dana...when it rains it pours! Tell ya what...we'll both pack up all our toys and run away to the beach!

    Congratulations on being the guest speaker...that is quite an honor!

    Hope this week goes better and you and the Man can connect.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya just gotta laugh Cat.. It's that or cry.. I thought a little bit of humor would help

      Delete
  2. Aww Dana

    I am so sorry to read this! I hope things will look up for you soon. Just think if this week was this bad, next week HAS to be better! I hope it will be. Good luck at your conference and I hope you get to talk with the Man soon.

    Much hugs and love
    sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara, ya know.. it's just life.

      Delete
  3. Ugh Dana,
    Not a fun week at all! Hope your dad is doing well, I will send some healing prayers his way-hope the conference goes well & that you are able to connect with The Man this week-it's hard enough to deal with any of the things that came up this past week but not being able to talk with him must make it even harder. Just remember that you are always on his mind & in his prayers and he is sending as much spiritual support as he can your way.... Not the same I know but something to try to focus on...
    With love,
    Scarlet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Man and I texted today and I told him how I was feeling. He is going to give me one thing for me to do while I am away. These things.. are just life.. I just struggle when they happen all at once

      Delete