Monday, February 17, 2014

It's THAT Time... Yes it is...

No... It is NOT that time of the month...  I don't have those anymore.. (and may I say thank you to the ladies to reminded me this was a very, very bright side to having the procedure done.)

It is tax time, but I don't handle that.

It's not my birthday, that is next month.

Anybody wanna guess?   You know you do.. Inquiring minds and all that....

YUP... The Man comes home tomorrow.  I am so excited.  We have talked a lot while he has been gone.  We have times that we focus on the kids while he is home.  We have times that we focus on our friends and family.  There are times we focus on the house.. and then.. there are times like this one, when it seems we are to focus on us.  On our relationship, our intimacy, restoring our emotional tanks for one another.  I love times like this.

I always get nervous, twitchy, unsettled right before he is to come home.  You see, he is gone a month and home a month.  For the month that he is gone, I am responsible for decisions made regarding the kids and our life.  I talk with him when I can, I do my best to always think in terms of our rules and what he would want.  When he comes home, it is my job to turn over the reins.  It's not always easy.  I love him home, want him here, miss him terribly.  I would be lying if I didn't say there is a certain amount of freedom when he is gone.  I don't have to plan for anyone but myself and the boys.  They are in their older teens and I am not needed as when they were small. 

I look forward to good girl spankings.  They are the best.  I love to reconnect.  I am a spanko, there is just no denying and as much as I love the above type, I hate punishment.  It is rather traumatic for me.  I made a foolish error.  Not one that he would have spanked me for until he realized how bad I felt that I had done it.  I am one that guilt eats at me..  Anywho...  I reached out to someone here on blogland because I felt I could help and I could be of assistance.  That is soooo not the problem.  The Man is the most generous person I know.  The problem is that I did reach out, and gave out my personal number AND talked with her before I even said anything to him.  My heart hurt for her, and I want to help.  He does not have a problem and wants me to continue to help however I can.  However, he was disappointed that I had gone against what I know he prefers.  It is not a rule, but I was told that in the future his expectation was that I speak with him first.  (if it sounds like a rule, looks like a rule, feels like a rule... well  you get the notion)

I was really afraid he was going to ground me from my Blog and you guys.  He didn't.  in short, he said.. I just don't think that would be productive at all.  He's great huh?  I'm sorry, this one just kinda ended up rambling didn't it? 

12 comments:

  1. Hey Dana...yes, you made a mistake but it wasn't a punishable offense. You disappointed the Man which for you, I think, is worse than any punishment would ever be. So you have 'paid' for it by suffering his disappointment...now let go of the guilt woman and enjoy the Man's homecoming!

    Oh and yes...if it sounds, looks and feels like a rule...yup! :D

    Now I ended up rambling with ya. ;)

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're all good.. My butt paid right along with my heart.. It's good to have him home.

      Delete
  2. Glad you were able to be there for your friend and that the Man, though disappointed, wasn't very upset. Hope you have a wonderful month together while he is home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is soooo good to have him home. My butt is a little tender, but hey... I love that man..

      Delete
  3. Woohoo! So happy that he will be home again soon and that it will be an opportunity for you guys to focus on each other. "restoring our emotional tanks for each other" I love that:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love him so much Tess. Sometimes it blows my mind how much...

      Delete
  4. Enjoy his homecoming! Hope your reconnection is sweet and you are able to forgive yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all good Cole. We took care of the "punishment" and moved right on to the pleasure. I am so glad to have him home.

      Delete
  5. So glad he's back! I know I miss my guy when I don't get to see him for a few days...I can't imagine a whole month. Hope you get a lot of well-deserved time together. I'm also glad he could see the good in what you did - just remember to do it his way next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are enjoying one another and my bottom is still reminding me why I need to remember things...

      Delete
  6. Rambing posts can be amoung some of the best ones. :) Yep, you do have one great guy there. :) I hope your bottom doesn't hurt too much if it turns out you're getting a punishment spanking. {{{hugs}}} But I do hope you get a good enough one to satisfy the spanko in you. ;)

    {{{hugs}}} EsMay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bottom is in recovery.. It wasn't too awful bad. I am sure there are other better ones to come...

      Delete