Monday, January 20, 2014

Learning New Things...

As most of you know, The Man works out of the country for a month and is home a month.  He made it home right before and I do mean RIGHT before the holidays began.  He left this morning.  He did the things that matter before he left. 

1.  He held me tight and told me that he loved me most.
2.  We talked about expectations (I do better KNOWING)
3.  He loved me well.
4.  This morning, before he left, he gave me the shirt he had worn for a few hours yesterday that smells like him...

During this month, I learned that it's okay to totally take the back seat so I can grieve.  In taking the back seat, I watched The Man, speak to my father about something that was very hurtful to me over the holidays.

I watched him look after me, take 100% responsibility for our sons.  I watched him go with our daughter for out patient surgery.

I watched him approach a new situation with confidence and calm control and it melted me like a puddle.

I stepped outside of the box, and advocated for The Man with the doctor.  You see, he is brilliant, My Man.  His brain is an amazing thing to watch.  He also struggles with ADHD, so very badly.  To the point it robs him of his self esteem and I can't stand that. So....  this time, when it was time for refills on his meds, we went together, and I explained what I saw, I want relief for my Hero, my Lover, my Friend.  I want him to know how awesome he is.

I might should have spoken with him beforehand, but it is such an embarrassment to him, that I didn't want to make things worse.  So, I jumped in.  The doc is making some changes for meds when home.

The Man is embarking on gluten free with me.  He doesn't have to, but he won't eat things in front of me that I can't have and love.  Now, it just doesn't get much better than that.

There were only good girl spankings this time, and they were well...  VERY Good....

14 comments:

  1. This is such a great post. This closeness is what I am hoping for in my relationship. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a journey, that is for sure, and one that continues. It is worth every bit of it.

      Delete
  2. I love your post and hooray for good girl spankings.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am ALL about GG spankings.. Those others.. well.. eww..

      Delete
  3. Good for you..I know how hard long distance stuff can be. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard. Sometimes harder than others. Yet, this is what works for us. he has the wandering spirit, and I need the anchor of home. We make it work.

      Delete
  4. Dana, how do you go a whole month and only get good girl spankings? I want your secret, lol. It sounds like you had a wonderful time together, I am so happy for you. And what a loving man to not eat things in front of you that you can't have. :)

    {{{hugs}}} EsMay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cause, I love GG spankings, and punishment spankings are really quite traumatic for me. So, he spanks me on a regular basis for stress relief (which keeps me from being a B***h) and we are good. I tread really close sometimes. And yes, he is WONDERFUL. He turned down cake for me... who does that?

      Delete
  5. How freakin' cute are you two? Ahh I loved this post. The love just radiates through it, honestly. I think the things he did before he left are adorable, and I hope time flies and he's back again before you know it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right... I sleep with his shirt and dream he is with me.

      Delete
  6. Awe Dana...You two are such a lovely example of what a good TTWD relationship looks like...the love between you two is pure D awesome!

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    PS...sent you an email with the names/links for 2 non-gluten flours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got them, and am about to look at them.. Thanks...

      Delete
  7. Hi Dana,

    I did a very girlie awwww several times reading your post. :0) Very sweet. So very glad the two of you are taking care of each other and you had a good month together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... I am so glad you stopped by.. I LOVE your blog.. And The Man.. well, he is awesome...

      Delete