Saturday, December 7, 2013

Well Now, That's a First

After my last post, The Man sent me an email to help me put one foot in front of the other.  So, I've been at it about a week now.  So, imagine my surprise to find a message from him requesting that I update my Blog and let folks know how I am doing.  His last statement was He couldn't have my friends in Blogland worrying about me.  That being said, I thought I would put his email here, and how things are working out with it. 


little girl,

I know you are struggling. I am writing this in order to help you manage until I come home.

I want you to know that I love you so very much, and I am sorry that I cannot be there for you.  Until I can be, I am giving you this list to help. I expect you to give it your very best effort, I also want you to know that you may discuss it with me any time if you feel it isn't what you need.  This is not meant to be an ultimatum or written in stone. It is not meant to make your life harder.

-First, you are to exercise at least 4 times a week. If Dr. B does not clear you for Zumba and Synergy, then use you DVD's, or use the Gym's treadmills etc. Go for a walk if the weather permits.
(I made three times this week.)

-Second, you are to go to the health food store TODAY and get some ST. John's Wort, by itself, or in a uplift sort of formula. Also, consider finding a place to tan. I know you've had trouble with a few places. If there is one suitable, join. If a vitamin D supplement will help, get one.
(I did this that same day.  It is helping a lot.)

3. You function best when the house is clean. Tell K you need her help between now and Christmas and ask her to assist you in taking up the slack while the boys are busy with their various activities, which will probably only increase between now and Christmas. I will leave it up to you whether she is paid and how much. If you would rather, I will ask her.
(I haven't done this yet, my house is okay for the moment, but I know I am to do this if it gets to be too much)

4. Make every effort to attend church on Sunday morning your soul needs feeding. You also need time to mourn, I would encourage you to take time Wednesday evenings and Sunday evenings when you can be alone. I know mourning is not something you usually plan, but if you do not make some "down" time, it will only eat you up. Make Wednesday evening and Sunday evening planned downtime. (I am trying to do this and I will attend church tomorrow.  Grief comes at the most unexpected moments.)

5. Do not worry about M and my parents. I am not changing my position. I have made it clear and will continue to make it clear, that he cannot come here. When/if he comes to North Carolina to visit his fiance's family, I will go to see him. It will be uncomfortable, I may have to have some rough conversations with in-laws. I will handle it though, and keep it away from our house as much as possible. It is not on you to bear this. If anything comes to you, defer it to me and be done with it. There are thousands of "what if's" in this situation. Please do not to dwell on them. Also know I have gone through many of them in my mind and have tried to prepare myself as best as possible. None of this needs to fall on your shoulders. None of it is urgent. (I just needed to be reassured that he has this and that I don't need to worry about it.)

6. There is nothing we can do about your Mom's condition except be supportive and encouraging. I know you will make yourself available to you parents as much as needed.  I know it is going to be stressful.  Would it be possible (and a good idea) to have her hospitalized while they are changing her medicine? I want to help you with this stress, but I am out of my league, as I have been every other time. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. You can call or text any time. Even if you think I am asleep. If I am near wifi, I will get it and see what I can do. Even if it is just a few minutes of hearing my voice. (Called the psychiatrist and expressed my concerns, he intervened and convinced her to go back on her medication and not change.)

7. Invite B and C over next weekend or the weekend after. Keep the fare simple. Visit and remember Aunt G. Use our house for the fellowship you dreamed of when you purchased it.( We have been in contact, everyone has been sick.  I did however go out with my daughter and some friends for a girls  night and spent some time talking about my Aunt)

8.  The last thing I have for you is about Christmas. Its not so much an instruction as an idea for you to think on.  How about sitting the boys, K and C down and telling them how you feel, and what you are struggling with. I can be there on the computer, using our laptops cameras. Also acknowledge it may be M2's last Christmas at home for a while and we want it to be a good one, money is tighter than we're used to, but everyone will certainly have something nice, and Dad is trying real hard to make sure that the xbox will be here on time. No promises. Mom is exhausted, Meme may or may not be in good shape. Let's all agree to combine gifts and perhaps offer gifts of service. And lets everyone either agree to pick up some of the work, or agree to simplify some of our traditions...
(Last night was the first time I have felt like doing anything for Christmas.  I am coming out of it.)

I love you little girl. I hope this helps.
You text any time you need me. I'm telling, not asking. I will try my best to be in places I can respond.
Love Master

The fact that he read my blog and took the time to think things through, that he knows me as well as he does, that he wanted to help me, and it wasn't things there is no way I could do, made me feel so loved.  He wasn't kidding, he has seen to it, that I can text him at any time.  It humbles me.

Am I still grieving?  Yes, but the things he has given to me, has helped put some structure back.  I hated having to admit that I was floundering and didn't even know where to start, but there you have it. 


22 comments:

  1. What a loving hubby! You two have a wonderful marriage. Things are becoming brighter.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meredith,
      I am just positive that he is the most amazing man on the planet for me. His gentleness and authority caught me when demands would have sent me further away

      Delete
  2. oh this is SO SO BEAUTIFUL! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I got it, something shifted, settled and opened.. I peaked over the wall to see him there..

      Delete
  3. Darn it Dana...I swear, I log in today and there should have been tissue warnings on several blogs...definitely this one! I am so very happy that the Man sent you that email...and that you are following his directions.

    Yes, grief will hit you at the oddest times...be gentle on yourself. If you need someone and can't reach the Man, I am here...don't care about the time.

    To the Man...Thank you for being such an awesomely wonderful husband to my friend!

    Sending lots of prayers and healing energy.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am learning that when the pressure becomes to much, if I can find someone to talk with about her, her kindness, love, gentleness and laughter, it makes it bearable.

      Delete
  4. Dana

    I'm so glad for you that your Man is letting you know he is there for you.

    I am sorry you still have such difficult moments of grief. <3 Sometimes the most
    we can manage is to see one moment at a time and not think about the big picture. Breathe. Move. Eat. It's hard, I know. <3

    It's wonderful that the Man has offered to have help for the house too. Use it if you need to. Don't feel bad if you do.

    Try to find one thing a day that makes you smile and remember your husband loves you very very much.

    love sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dana I was wondering why you have this at the top right of your blog? It
    is just above your blog roll? I am thinking it is there by accident. Just letting you know.

    ((hugs))
    sara

    HTTP://BEQUIETSARA.BLOGSPOT.COM/2013/11/PRIVATE-JUST-KIDDING.HTML?SHOWCOMMENT=1385469050814#C393406

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happened when I added your blog and it won't let me take it off, not even when I remove your blog.

      Delete
    2. That is so odd... I wish I was more techy so I could help you figure it out. Sorry that happened!

      Delete
    3. The Man will know when he gets home. He will fix it.

      Delete
  6. OH, Dana, there are tears in my eyes. {{{hugs}}} What a loving man you have, and how wonderful he was to give you tasks you can handle, that will help you keep busy every day. And his order for you to text him, and him doing all he can to be near wifi to get those texts, his love for you was just overwhelming, even all the way over here. I am so glad you are so blessed in having him. {{{hugs}}} He really cares about you, and I love that. :)

    {{{hugs}}} EsMay - I know you have lots of offers, but if I can ever help too, I'm here. I can't always get to my email during the day, but if you ever need, please write, I check it in the mornings and several times a night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EsMay, I just cried. It was totally amazing. He is such an amazing person. I love him so very much. Everyday. Thank you so much for your offer. I may well take you up on it.

      Delete
  7. What a good guy! You can tell he really took the time to make sure you were okay. He really truly loves you!

    Like others have said in the comments, we're here for support! If you ever need to talk - my email is on my page, and I'd be more than happy to lend an ear. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is awesome isn't he? His love for me is so steady, strong and constant. Thanks for the offer, I may well take you up on it..

      Delete
  8. Wow Dana -
    This is so amazing. How truly thoughtful of your husband to break it all down for you, tell you what he thinks is best for you to do, and why, and then also to be there for you as best he can. Totally warms my heart on your behalf.

    I'm glad that you are finding ways to help (tanning, down times, talking to your kids etc) - this time of year can be truly stressful.

    And yes, grief does happen to hit at the oddest times, and if you can, just let it happen. It's cleansing - it's healing - and it's okay.

    hugs,
    Cali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is an awesome man... That he is. I love him very much

      Delete
  9. Dana, this is so sweet of him! Even far away he is in control. That brings comfort in times like these. Gods blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really surprised me with this. I just cried.

      Delete
  10. I with Cat. Tissue Warnings. Sniffling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete