Saturday, December 21, 2013

Cookie Day Success!!!

Today was a TOTAL success.  A total of 26 people were at my house today to bake cookies and visit.  I started making cookie dough last night and baking some.  A total of 17 batches of cookies were baked last night and today.  5 dozen were decorated by the kiddos.  I sent out 6 large containers of cookies with families to take home. 

My feet are killing me, my back aches, and I have never been more pleased with a family gathering at my house.  It was so good.  We talked, we laughed, we baked, we decorated, the children had their own decorating table and I simply put the icing, sprinkles, sugar crystals, candies and supplies and let them have at it.  No need to be upset, no need to not make a mess.  That was their table.  Everyone got along, and shared, and it was so awesome.  There were 8 children total. 

It was a wonderful day.  I made a huge 6 quart crock pot of chili, and provided sandwiches and chips.  The chili is gone and many compliments were given.  I am so grateful that The Man has provided a home for me that fits that many people comfortably.  The children even got to watch Christmas shows for a bit.

You know the most awesome thing?  My family and friends cleaned my kitchen.  I was not left with cleaning up a mess.  Dishes were washed, counters wiped down, and pans and cookie sheets were put away.  Everyone was so thrilled and we were a happy family today.  We laughed and shared and smiled and were able to mention the Little Lady with joy and only a tinge of sorrow that she is not with us anymore. 

The Man sent me this text after I told him how well everything went.
The Man:  I am proud of you too.  I know your Aunt would have been.

It is quiet in my house now as I sit and write this.  I can feel her in my heart and that is a good thing.  As long as she is in my heart, she will live on as long as I share her.  And now in some small way, she lives on here, because I have shared her with you.

13 comments:

  1. Awww Dana...I am so happy that you and your family had such an awesome day and honored your aunt in a way that would have pleased her.

    Now go pour yourself a glass of wine and put your feet up!

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was amazing cat.. Truly amazing

      Delete
  2. What a great,sweet post. Merry Christmas
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I was so happy.. Have a merry Christmas.

      Delete
  4. Oh Dana, that is so wonderful, I am glad that it went so well! :) And how wonderful that your house was cleaned up for you so that you didn't have tons to do later. :)

    I have been told people can't find my new blog, so am posting it on some blogs for people... and wanted you to have it... submittingtobeled.blogspot.com I hope you have a very Merry Christmas! :)

    {{{hugs}}} EsMay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful success on many levels. I am certain your Aunt would be pleased. Thank you for sharing her with us.

    Hugs,
    sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara. It was an awesome day.

      Delete
  6. How great that you carried on that tradition with your family and awesome of your family to clean your kitchen afterwards. I hope today is relaxing and you can enjoy the cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nice thing is that cleaning up for the hostess is also a tradition in my family. Today found me in the bed till like 3.

      Delete
  7. Aw, what a sweet post. I'm so glad you can feel her in your heart, that's exactly where she'll be. :)

    ReplyDelete