Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Some Important Phrases...

Before I say anything else, let me declare, THE MAN comes home on Friday.  Now, that being said, I have been thinking over several things the last few days.

I keep coming back to important phrases.  The spoken language is an amazing thing that can mean many things to many people and all be the same words.  The same can be said for our life together.  Many things The Man says to me means so very much.

The obvious, I love you, is pretty self explanatory.  I never, ever get tired of hearing it.

"Little Girl", can mean many things on any given day.  It is often a term of endearment, whispered in my ear that gives me the thrill of knowing I belong.  Sometimes it is a warning.. Ya know, like.. YOU are perilously close to the line.  Sometimes it is said in comfort to let me know that he's got me, and I am safe.

Then there's,  "That would go so poorly for you."  Yeah, sometimes I get that, sometimes I need a little demonstration.

Then there's the non verbal cue of the eyebrows going up, then down, which is affectionately what all of us on my side of the fence call, THE LOOK.

Oh wait, let's not forget, "Do I make myself clear."  I really hate that one, I'm not stupid, and he KNOWS I'm not stupid.  He does however KNOW I am rebellious on occasion and this statement is made to tie up any and ALL loopholes.

My favorite one this week is, "I am proud of you.  I don't think I tell you that enough."  Those words, those words for me and the most amazing thing.  That means I have done something or acted in a way that he finds above the love he has for me.  That I have shone in some ways in his eyes and it thrills my soul.

One that I struggle with because I don't see it at all is, "You are beautiful."  He means it from the bottom of his heart.  It embarrasses me, and makes me uncomfortable because when I look at me, all I see is flaws.

But more than any of these, is the one that gives me such a secret thrill and makes me all girly goo inside is, "You are mine."  And yes, yes, I am.

13 comments:

  1. Hey Dana...First of all...WOOHOO! Happy dance for both you and the Man!

    I enjoyed reading your definitions. So happy you heard your favorite and I do have to agree with the Man...he does need to say it more often (no offense intended!).

    Enjoy your time together!

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat. We are settling into our routine.

      Delete
  2. My heart just melted for you when he said that he was proud of you. :) Glad that you have him back home and can have a wonderful time together. :) And hope you're able to avoid too many times of him having to make himself clear. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things are crystal clear right now...

      Delete
  3. Clearly you are well loved, raised eyebrow and all! ;)

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you guys are having a wonderful reunion!~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is it one of our friend said? A red bottom is a happy one.. Well, I'm just about delirious... Life has been good..

      Delete
  5. Dana,

    I thought that almost all of your definitions could make me go "girly goo" as you said - it's so clear that they ALL come from a place of deep love - even the "that would go poorly for you", lol.

    And you really need to hear him when he tells you your beautiful - learn to see yourself through his eyes ♥ ♥

    I'm so happy for you and hope that you have had an amazing re-connection time!

    hugs,
    Cali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (btw - I love the new look of your blog!)

      Delete
    2. Cali,

      Yes, he loves me, and I love him.. Thanks. I like it too. Reconnection has just been wicked awesome..

      Delete
  6. It's amazing the effect that words can have on us, isn't it...especially when the feelings behind them are palpable. ;) Hope you're enjoying your time together! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grace... Yes.. and he is a man of few words and makes them count... We are truly enjoying our time..

      Delete