Saturday, July 27, 2013

You Aren't Being Punished....

We had a very stressful situation at our house on Thursday evening.  To me, there just isn't much worse than conflict or confrontation with people you love and care about.  The Man and I had a meeting with some folks that we care about in order to discuss some very important issues.

My main concern was that I not conduct myself in a manner that would embarrass my husband or call into question his authority in our home.  There is nothing worse to me than behaving in such a manner that people think things like.. "Man, he needs to get his wife in line."

It was a very emotional night and at the end of it, I just simply shut down and withdrew.  The next morning I woke up a bit like this....

 
 
 
 
 
I was made to get up and take a shower...  I whined, I complained, and I went.  He washed my hair.  I love that, I mean I really love that.  There just isn't much better than him taking the time to massage my scalp and wash my hair.  After the shower, we just snuggled for a bit, then he went to the couch, and bid me come to him.  I stammered, I stuttered, and then I went.
 
This is where I heard...  we are going to do maintenance.  You aren't in trouble... Yet.  You aren't being punished.  It wasn't until this morning that I realized that you were avoiding me last night.  I didn't understand how emotionally torn up you were until it was too  late.  We talked about my level of anxiety last night and this morning.
 
So, spanked I was and centered..  We had a wonderful day together.  All I can say is the word though small can be a pretty big motivator.... Yet...

10 comments:

  1. Oh Dana, I am so glad that once he saw there was a problem, he went and dealt with it for you right away. {{{HUGS}}} And having your hair washed... now I'm jealous! :) Wonder if I can convince the Duke to try that sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is absolutely nothing, NOTHING better than when he washes my hair. I was shocked that he noticed it. I thought I was being subtle...

      Delete
  2. *claps* thank goodness he noticed and set things right straight away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding. I was impressed after I got over being miffed.. I thought I was being slick...

      Delete
  3. Aw, yay for him being able to read you & step up like that.
    And he washes your hair? I'm totally jealous! How sweet is that of him??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it. Hair washing is amazing, so very amazing. yeah, I was shocked, resistant and then that magic word.. YET...

      Delete
  4. Hey Dana...Three cheers for the Man! See...I don't have to tell him anything...he reads you very well. Ooh hair washing (head massages) are awesome! Happy you two are enjoying one another.

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are.. we are. And no... he does NOT need to talk to you...:)

      Delete
  5. Oh yes, that little word "yet" can be a powerful motivator at times, can't it? The hair washing sounds interesting. Michael has never done that and I've never even thought to ask him to either. I'm glad you had a wonderful day together! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace,
      For me it is the most amazing feeling. It all started when I was very sick one time and could not wash my hair. He was in the shower with me to make sure I didn't fall. I tried and couldn't wash my hair. He took over and the feeling of being loved and cared for was overwhelming. That was pre-Dd.

      Delete