Wednesday, July 17, 2013

All Giddy and Stuff...

In case you guys aren't keeping up with it (and why would you?)  The Man comes home TOMORROW!!!  This week has been really tough and I was doing really well.  Home stretch, eye on the prize and then...  He said something awful, so terrible.. I don't even know if I can repeat it...

It was totally uncalled for, unbelievable.  Are you ready for it?  Brace yourself...  Make sure you are alone...









He said,  "It's bedtime, Little Girl."   I know, I know, it was terrible... and well, so was I .  I threw a mini tantrum, and went to bed fuming, woke up hateful.  Felt justified and RIGHTEOUS in my anger, and then...    I got this email.  He had written it in the night.  You know when I was fuming?

little girl,
 
I know the house has you down, and it is wearing on you. Do what you can but do not push yourself. Take care of yourself first. I will try very hard to get the yard in order quickly. I will discuss with your what your priorities are. Then I will grab up my team and we will do our very best to set everything to rights. I assume you want me to start with the pool. I will, and then I will work toward the rest just as fast as I can.
 
I want to get things around the house done. I want it a place you can be very proud of. I'm excited to have company over Saturday. It will be good to open our house for fellowship and rest. This, after all, is one of the things we wanted a house for.
 
I hope you slept last night.
 
Today is my last working day. I'm super-excited to get home to you.
 
I love you. Always and forever.
Love The Man
 
 
I felt crummy, and well for the first time when I apologized and he readily forgave me, it wasn't enough for me.  My attitude was not okay.  For the first time, I explained to him that I didn't feel that I deserved a good girl spanking and that I felt terrible for my actions and attitude.  Then he said the most awesome thing.  "We will discuss it when I get home.  I intend to restore our roles, and you will feel much better after some time over my knee.  I don't intend to punish you, but I will be firm and loving and intense." 
 
Then today, the gloom lifted..  I made a fool out of myself in front of a foster parent.  We were driving in the car and I got the text that said he was off the rig.. and  said, "OH, that's my baby."  She just giggled and I blushed.  Then, I was cleaning in the house in his shirt and came to myself shaking my booty and singing...  Life is good and I will be so glad to see his face..

17 comments:

  1. Hey Dana...doing a happy dance for you and the Man! Please don't be so hard on yourself...it's been a rough month and you have really done well. Only thing is...you know where you can take out your bad temper! I haven't changed my numbers!!!

    Enjoy your Man and please tell him I said "Welcome home!" ;)

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.. however YOU weren't the one that said the dreaded B word now were you? MmmmWHHAAAA that is me blowing kisses...

      Delete
  2. MmmmWHHAAAA back atcha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you! Enjoy your time with The Man. Sounds like you two will be having fun :) btw...from the email he sent, it sounds too much like what we have going on. We are desperately trying to get our house in order how we want it and our pool needs taken care of too lol. I was like, "does she have my life?" haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Happy for you :) Getting a house in order can be a lot of work but it is really rewarding.

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesomely happy for you that the Man is coming home soon!

    (I don't get it tho, why is "bedtime little girl" a bad thing to say?? or am i missing something?)

    But he sounds so secure in his role, and in re-establishing it when he gets back, that i'm sure you're simply jittery with anticipation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of those moments I just simply didn't want to be told what to do. I was having a moment... he is secure in his role.. I am currently sitting happily (lightly) having been on the receiving end of his "role"

      Delete
  6. So glad he's home!! He'll not only set the house to rights, but you as well!!
    Don't be too hard on yourself. I'm sure you were stressed and just ready for him to be home. Give yourself a little credit :) you're doing beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying Sarah.. Honest. The house is in the process, my bottom has been Processed... and we are at peace

      Delete
  7. Woo-hoo! So glad that he's home! I hope the two of you are able to make the most of your time together. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Grace, I'm so glad to see you. I have thought of you but didn't want to intrude. Yes, we are making the most of it... Yep... we are...

      Delete
  8. Yeah, and how great for you that you get time with him. :) Enjoy the time over the knee. ;) And if gets too much, enjoy the time afterwards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds so wonderful and I hope that by now you guys have reconnected and that you are safe in his arms....and able to work on the house together. :) Don't you love being called Little Girl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes and YES.. to all of the above. I am sitting lighter and my heart is lighter to go with it. I am past wondering why about stuff like that..

      Delete
  10. Hooray!! So glad that he is home again. When things are good between us...when this thing we have feels solid and strong...all of life's problems seem much easier to tackle:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So True, so true. He has dealt with the pool, the yard only looks slightly scary and I am so much more settled. Life is good.

      Delete