Friday, June 28, 2013

Popeye Was Right.....

How many of us as kids watched the cartoon Popeye?  And how many of us remember his favorite line? " I yam what I am.  "  Well that is kind of where I find myself at this moment.  I have watched our little slice of the world be rocked this week by the fever pitch of sensational journalism.  I have watched and waited to see where it would take us.

I will be the first to admit that in my world, I have much to lose if we are "outted" so to speak.  Would it be embarrassing?  Yes.  Would my family understand?  No.  Would I worry how people view this wonderful man I am married to?  Yes.  I am by nature an intensely private person by nature.  I asked The Man if I should shut down the blog or go private.  He said, no absolutely not.  It is an outlet for you, and someone took a chance and put themselves out there so we could learn and not feel so alone.

Let me say, I understand the folks that have.  Had The Man said, yes, it would have been gone.  I would have been sad, but gone just the same.  Part of this life is trusting our men to make the right decisions for our family with heavy input from us.  So, if the HoH, Master, Dominant, Daddy, Sir, or just put in the name that fits for your relationship felt it was best then so be it.  Or if the blog no longer brings you joy but fear and anxiety then by all means.  This place is meant to be a balm, a port in a storm, a way to not feel alone.

Whatever decisions are made, my hope and desire is that we remain kind to one another, supportive of one another.  It is good to debate, it is good to express our feelings, it is good to disagree, but it is not good to do amongst ourselves what has been done to us by media whoremongers hungry for a titillating piece of fluff to thrill the masses. 

I love the comfort I have found here.  Before I came to blogland, I felt so terribly alone.  I felt like a freak.  I worried and fretted that something terrible was wrong with me.  I was damaged in some way that I craved my husbands authority and dominance.  Then, I began to read, and timidly post comments.  I have found acceptance, support and guidance from many here.  That is what we are about.  My fervent prayer is that it will continue to be just that.

18 comments:

  1. Amen Sweet Dana...very well said...so happy blog land has you and the Man!

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat,

      Ever my champion encourager. Thank you so much for your friendship.

      Delete
  2. Ditto to everything you said. I've trimmed my blog, but I won't take it down or go private, because, well, I felt the same way you did, and I feel like I've found a group of women who finally understand...and that support and connection is invaluable to me. Hopefully this storm will pass, and our fellow bloggers will come back, at least as commenters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been an extremely difficult week for everyone involved. I am glad you stopped by and the camaraderie that we both feel is why we stay.

      Delete
  3. Hoi.. you had me almost tearing. Thank you for keeping your blog up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going anywhere, at least not right now. Thanks for always being the encourager that you are.

      Delete
  4. Hi, Dana. I used to feel so alone too. I seriously even considered seeing a therapist because I thought my wants couldn't possibly be normal. I found acceptance, love, and support here from you and so many others. I am glad you are staying. I still feel a little timid with what I post, but I'm going to push through and hope for the best. I need this community so much. Thank you :)

    -Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Marie... I went to a therapist and got the, "Oh my she is an abused woman look..." I left feeling embarrassed, and so sad that I may have inadvertently caused someone to see The Man in a poor light. Then I found Stormy's blog and Red Booty Woman and then others.

      Delete
  5. I am not sure what I am doing with my blog yet. I came across your post here and felt the need to comment. I love what you wrote...and I share the same sentiments. I hope to goodness this whole mess brings blogland together....not tear us apart. The greatest part of this community is that we can be who we are without fear of judgement....praying after the dust settles...we are still that way :)

    ~Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we will be... I think we all need to remember, we have seen the enemy and it is NOT us...

      Delete
  6. Hugs, Dana. This post is spot on. The encouragement you posted here to everyone is perfect. Popeye said it right, too!

    I love The Man's unwavering support of you and your needs, but also of this community and those to come. That alone tells me why you speak so highly of him.

    Irishey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irishey... We gotta stick together, and yes, he is a most amazing man. He said, I don't care about some slanted article. Look at the fruit.. Look at how far our relationship has come. Good stuff bears good fruit..

      Delete
  7. I so agree! With it all! This community, vast and varried, has been a gigantic support system. Though we write for ourselves or significant other, we receive encouragement, grounding, affirmation and friendship through our comments. Glad He said NO!

    Hugs,
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back atcha Fiona. Yes, I do this for me. I do this for him. I also remember the relief I felt when I found this part of the world. I hope that I can contribute the same way.

      Delete
  8. I'm glad you'll still be around. We can't have a great blogland community if good writers and great people disappear :)

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad your sticking around!! This is a great community. It makes me sad that so many feel they have been forced away. I too ope we can remain kind to each other and continue being a support for one another. That's what this community is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in that same boat of tidiness right now. I want his authority. But I'm shy here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. well said...and I'm glad you're staying :)

    ReplyDelete