Saturday, June 1, 2013

No Cancer At My House...

It has been a scary 8 weeks.  When I had food poisoning, the hospital did a CT scan with dye contrast and found cysts on my ovaries with what looked like calcified fingers(which is indicative of possible cancer).  I went to the doctor yesterday and got a clean bill of health.  What they had seen was scar tissue from a previous procedure.  Considering the history of ovarian cancer in my family, I was very concerned.  To say it was a huge relief is like the understatement of the century.

I know here in blogland, we often talk about spanking, whether it's discipline, punishment, relief, reset, reconnection, fun, erotic, good girl.... You get the idea.  I want to share something a bit different today.

I was very stressed the day before the doctor's appointment.  The Man could not go with me.  Our youngest had an awards program at school and Daddy needed to be there.  I was so anxiety ridden.  I knew I was headed toward a spanking.  I know that in the past they have helped reducing the level of stress.  I also knew that I was afraid and knew in my heart I was not going to willingly submit to one.  I reached out to a friend who suggested I ask The Man to just use his hand.  I explained I felt that it was either going to be a stress relief spanking or a discipline one because I was spinning.  We both agreed that the former was MUCH better than the latter..

I came home and went to the gym for a pretty intense work out.  When I got out of the gym, I had instructions to order to pizza to feed the masses and come  home.  I brought the pizza home, ate and was instructed to go take a hot shower.  I thought  "Oh Man, this is gonna hurt after a hot shower."  The Man kept me company, talking to me and when I got out of the shower said, "Now, get yourself in bed and take your medicine for sleep.  I will be there in a few to snuggle." 

It's not always about the spanking.  It's about knowing what your mate needs.  I needed to reduce the anxiety.  Sometimes I long to be spanked, need it, want it, ask for it and expect it.  This was not one of those times.  I needed the anxiety lessened.  I just wasn't sure how that was going to happen.  I expected to be spanked, he had said that he would.  Yet, after the work out, he looked into my eyes and saw my heart and decided to go in a different direction. 

It was a really big learning moment for me.  It's not always about being spanked. 

20 comments:

  1. So happy for the good news. Also happy that The Man can read you and know what is best for you. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunny! It has been really scary and stressful. He reads me well and loves me better.

      Delete
  2. This makes be smile a big smile! I hate cancer and rejoice with you!

    Daddy and I had a conversation about this very topic recently. It's not always about a spanking. More than the spanking I need him (but spankings are nice and necessary at times too!). How amazing that he was able to read you and know what you needed.

    hugs
    bg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... most of the time I'm all about Good Girl spanking.. and reset or reconnection or.. well you get the picture. And you are right, I needed him to be well, him.

      Delete
  3. I am so happy that you got good news. And you are so right....spanking, to me anyway...is a small part of ttwd. The other parts....being loved and listened to....having your needs met....those are the things that mean the most :)

    So happy for you.....

    ~Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You betcha Lucy. It's the total package as they say. Thanks for rejoicing with me.

      Delete
  4. Thank God there is no cancer! That's awesome and relieving news! That friend is wise, and so is The Man to give you what you needed, which was rest and a cuddle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks C!! It was a huge relief. We didn't tell anyone, cause there was no sense in everyone worrying when we didn't know if there was something to worry about. And yes, my friend.... She is WISE...

      Delete
  5. We had that scare before, different area of the body. All was also clear with us. The anxiety before you get the "all clear", awful.
    I also had a moment like yours, couldn't sleep for days, asked him to spank, he stroked my hair instead. I was out in seconds. Sometimes they really do know what we need better than we do. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And congratulations on the all clear and hoping it is always that way for you!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Blue. It was really scary. And yes, I hadn't slept well, I was spinning and he just snuggled me up and put me to sleep...

      Delete
  6. Thank you Lord Jesus! Woohoo Dana...Happy dance and happy tears over here celebrating no Cancer! So happy your lovely Man was home when you received the results, knows you so well and knew exactly what you needed.

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat,
      Where ya been? I thought about you the last few days. And yes, we are very relieved..

      Delete
  7. Such wonderful news Dana, I'm glad you got what you needed from The Man.

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Callie. We are very relieved.

      Delete
  8. I'm so glad that you got wonderful news and what you needed from your fella. He's a good guy that one.

    Love and hugs,
    TL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are too T. And it sounds to me like we both have good ones..

      Delete
  9. Hi, Dana. I am so happy for you that all is well with your health. I can not even begin to imagine how scary that must have been for you. I think it is incredible that he knew exactly what you needed even when you didn't know yourself. That is a fine-tuned relationship at it's best :)

    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is petty incredible.. that he is.

      Delete
  10. What wonderful news! Thank goodness for the clean bill of health...and for a man who knows just what you need:)

    ReplyDelete