Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day

First of all Happy Father's Day to the Big Burly, Larger than life Irishman I call Daddy.  How I love you.  How I feel such pride when people look at me and say, "I know who you belong to.."  Your unwavering commitment to your wife in the last 15 year in particular make you a Hero.    Even though you struggle with a rare blood disease that is slowly robbing you of your strength, you will always be 10 feet tall to me.

My Sweetheart, My HoH, and the Master of my heart, you are the most amazing man and Daddy.  I watched you yesterday, weary from a 20 hour drive to get home, put that away and spend the day and evening with your family.  We went shopping for my Dad's father's day present and you paid for it because it would have been a burden for me. 

The joy you take in your children, all of them humbles me.  Your laughter with them, for them about them is truly an awesome thing to behold.  I watched as you flew helicopters and handed over your father's day present to see the joy it gives them.

The example you continue to set before even our older children.  Watching as you took your son in law who knows nothing about cars and replaced the transmission on their car when you could have done it faster with someone else showed him that you respect him as the Head of his own house.   You don't talk about it, you do it.  You show our boys everyday what it means to provide for your family.  You sacrifice time with us and work hard. 

You also show them that you can compromise and what it means to have a mate who is your partner and supporter.  You show our boys how to treat their wives and our daughter how she should be treated.  It takes a leader to understand that in their soul is the need to wanderlust, but long for the comfort of home and a mate.  So you found a way to be who you are inside, and provide for our family and make our relationship grow. 

You are my soul mate, the love of my life, my best friend and I love you.

10 comments:

  1. What an amazing man. Happy Fathers Day to him!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is.... He is.. Thanks for letting me share.

      Delete
  2. This is so beautiful :) Happy Father's Day to him!

    -Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. He has such a beautiful soul.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely tribute to 2 awesome men...Happy Father's Day to both of them.

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally different they are, and I love them with all my heart.

      Delete
  4. Wow, this is really sweet, Dana.

    You remind me how important it is to take notice of the many ways our men are good to us and to our children; and what kind of example they set in their everyday lives.

    Thank you for sharing yours.
    :) Cali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me share. The Man, it is important to him that I notice the little things, so it's important to me..

      Delete
  5. How sweet. I hope you and the Man had a wonderful father's day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! And shared it with My Daddy..

      Delete