Saturday, May 4, 2013

It's a Decision...

It's a decision.  It's not a decision for everyone, I understand that, but for me it is.  I must decide it's time.  It's time to stop brooding.  It's time to forge ahead.  It's time to take that first step.  It's time to do the first thing.  Other things will follow.

It is time to make the decision that this isn't going to fix itself.  My house isn't going to clean itself.  Yes, I am overwhelmed.  I must for the moment stop looking at the big picture.  I must do that first ONE thing.  Yes, I have a list of  "to do" that is a mile long.  However, I am only going to get there by beginning with that first one thing. 

It is a vicious cycle.  I am anxiety ridden and muddled in depression because my house it in disarray.  YOU can always tell how I feel inside if my house is upside down.  Well, I said to my Dad, "Dad, I have to do something cause it looks like someone robbed the place, ransacked but couldn't find anything to steal."  He laughed and I chuckled, but Lord it's true.  My house is in disarray due to anxiety and depression.  We all know the ONLY way to get off of the Merry Go Round is to step off, and sometimes you don't get to stop the round and round before you take the leap. 

Today is the first day I have had time and the ability to do something, so I am writing this in hopes that if I write it, I will feel some accountability.  I want you guys to ask me what I got done.  It's important to ask for help when you need it, and well I just need the extra push.

This time with The Man gone has been especially hard.  Between my job and his, we have not been able to talk as we normally do.  I am floundering.  Time to decide.  Wish me luck.  Thanks for being my accountability buddies today!!!

14 comments:

  1. You can do this. Start with one corner and work your way around the room. Once you get a little done, it'll give you the motivation to keep going.
    I'll check back with you to see what you've accomplished, ;)
    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got the living room done. Walls washed, dusted, things put away and the carpet cleaned... moving on to the kitchen or dining room...oh.. and started a load of laundry... THANKS Sarah

      Delete
    2. I am seriously impressed with all you've accomplished!! You're awesome! I bet it feels good too. Now when are you coming to my house?? ;)

      Delete
  2. You can totally do this! I am reading a book right now about organizing your home and she stresses to take small bites at a time. I of course didn't listen and have cleaned out several rooms and closets this week, lol. I am exhausted! I am organizing one small thing each day all this week. Many small steps = great progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just put away all of the crystal from my folks party, two more loads of laundry and cleaned the dining room except for cleaning the carpet

      Delete
  3. You can do it, Dana! I know what you mean about feeling overwhelmed sometimes. You are smart to start small and get that feeling of accomplishment. Sounds like from your previous comments that you've had a really successful day! Good for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim!! I just finished cleaning the carpet in the dining room and hallway. I want to do one more load of laundry and I think I am done for the day.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I got much accomplished but am not done, but I feel better.

      Delete
  5. Go Dana! Go Dana! Go Dana! You are doing great...and I bet you feel better!

    Now how about the bedroom? ;)

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm exactly like that. My stress makes me shut down, and then the resulting disorder makes me stress. It takes a deep breath and a good deal of effort to make that first step to get off that merry-go-round, but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got several somethings accomplished. I am happy with that

    ReplyDelete
  8. good luck dana! you can do it. just take it one tiny thing at a time and don't stop until all the tiny things are put away. then move onto the next thing. :) we believe in you. :)

    m.

    ReplyDelete