Friday, May 17, 2013

Happy Anniversary Darling!!!

Happy Anniversary Darling.  It is hard to believe that it has been 11 years.  We have changed, we have grown and I love you more now than I did.  Memories, memories.. 

Remember when on the day of our Wedding and I was decorating and couldn't the pearls to hang just right and threw them across the floor?  More to the point, you were the only person in the room that looked remotely surprised that I had done it...  Or that my cousin found the "personal" lubricant in the freezer because you forgot it in the bag with the frozen juice?

I remember the look on your face when  you first caught a glimpse of me in my dress?  I am so humbled to say that after 11 years, you still look at me that way..  Remember is pouring rain and us praying that God would please let it clear up long enough for us to get married, and it did complete with a rainbow?

Remember having to be creative with the heater in the car because it broke on the way to the bed and breakfast in the snow no less?  Or how beautiful everything was under that blanket of snow?

Remember our private vows that we said before God in the privacy of my bedroom?  The commitment we made to make us work?  To love one another?  To make a life for ourselves and our children? 

We have had hurts, hurdles, and hard times, but we stuck to our commitment.  You married me knowing that you loved me more than I did you.  You married me believing that you could change that and you did.  I never, ever thought I could trust another, love another, believe in another, grow with another like I do you.

I love you, You Moon Hangin' man of Mine.  You are my soul mate, the Master of my heart, the Head of our Home, and for me there is no other.

 
 
 
 
This song so reminds me of our journey to us..



13 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you both! Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... we'll have to wait to celebrate till he gets home.

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary to you both. Thankyou for sharing with us Dana.

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! and thanks for letting me share him with you.

      Delete
  3. Awww... Happy Anniversary to you both! Now when he's home... sex, sex, and more sex. Then sex on top of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You betcha.. let's see.. hot monkey sex, happy sex, angry sex, sloppy sex, silly sex... emotional sex.. and just because sex....

      Delete
  4. Very sweet! Happy Anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful post to your husband. May God bless you with many, many more years together.- Belle L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely getting better as we go Belle!! Thanks.

      Delete
  6. Happy Anniversary Dana and the Man! Dana this was a wonderful love letter to an awesome man...you two are so adorable!

    To add to the list, include...swinging from the chandelier, back seat, hot n fast, slow n sweet, and...hmmm...getting warm in here...bye!

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary my friend. I hope your celebration is awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! Gods blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete