Saturday, April 6, 2013

Welcome Aboard the BandWagon Ladies.. I am so happy to have Company...

Well now, it's Springs, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, the flowers are blooming, and.... It's almost shorts an swimsuit season (shudder, shudder, gag...)

As several of my posts have alluded to my ongoing journey to a healthier  SKINNIER  me.  Priorities being what they are.  I see several in our little circle have taken a challenge, or asked for help from their HOH.  Now, every couple has to decide what works for them.

The Man asked if I wanted help and I said YES.  Upon discussing the issue, it was decided that to base punishment on whether or not I lost weight or gained it, ran the risk of me feeling like I was not acceptable to him.  Therefore, he came at it from a health perspective (read here, pre-diabetic, and climbing blood pressure). 

That being said, this is our agreement:


1.  I log my calories on http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ daily. 
2.  I am allowed 1390 calories a day if I don't  work out.
3.  I am to drink 64ounces of water a day.
4.  I work out 4-5 times a week.
5.  If I break this, I am spanked, regardless of the number on the scale
6.  I am given lots of positive rewards.  (whole new wardrobe after the 1st 30 was lost)

I am not spanked based on weight gain or loss.  I am spanked for not following the program that will lead me to being healthier.  (I'm all about the SKINNY)  The Man however, refuses to punish me for a number or how I look.  His interest in my health.

 His other motivation is when I am so heavy, I am miserable with myself.  I am ashamed to look in the mirror.  It affects our sex life because I don't feel attractive.  I am ashamed of my body.  I can say through this process, I am learning a few things.

1.  The Man has always thought I was sexy and beautiful no matter my size.
2.  The number has nothing to do with who I am.
3.  Losing the weight helps me feel better, have more energy and more confidence because I am meeting a goal we made.
4.  WE are in this together and he does NOT sabotage me by bringing things into the house that are not good for me.
5.  Spanking over food is NOT fun.  Spanking over food that made you sick AFTER you broke your diet just sucks..
6.  I feel better than I have in years.

So, welcome aboard ladies and gentlemen who are wanting to lose weight or make some kind of a change.  It's much, much easier doing it together...

8 comments:

  1. I think this plan about doing it together. Bucko has such a wonky schedule sometimes, he even though he is home every night, we often struggle with enforcing this. I'm hoping that with the support of my girls we can get this thing going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's tough... Especially for us when he is gone.

      Delete
  2. Dana, I totally agree with your husband, about it not being about your weight, but about if you are following through. But I only realized how wrong this was after talking to the Duke. I was asking the Duke about if the punishments should be if I didn't lose weight each week, he too hated the idea, and said we should do it on if I stick to my exercise schedule or not. Maybe our husbands were talking to each other? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cause some weeks, it doesn't matter what you do, it's not gonna change in numbers. I am glad you guys decided to do something a little different. I am right in that boat with you. I have 35 left that I want to lose.

      Delete
  3. I think this is a really sensible way to go about it, Dana. You're right some weeks the scale doesn't move - women & hormones - sheesh. It can be frustrating. But he's teaching you a whole different way to look at and gauge your progress. That's great! I use myfitnesspal, too. It's the easiest one I think, with the best database. Good luck!

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He truly is. His whole thing is, he loves me and has always thought I am beautiful. He is all about healthy physically and mentally for me.

      Delete
  4. I love your honesty. You are right. We need to tackle overheating or not getting exercise with the same attitude we would take to any challenge.
    Bea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bea,

      You should look back and read the post about McDonalds...

      Delete