Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Decisions.. Decisions...

The Man and I are going away.. for a whole week.  All alone, just us.  NO one else, no kids, no dogs, no friends, no family, no clients, no church members, no co workers...  It has been a very, very long time since we have had more than a weekend.  And did I mention he is taking me New Orleans?  Did I mention that this weekend is the French Quarter Festival?  Every kind of Jazz imaginable.  Authentic food on every corner AND, the gardens are all in bloom in the garden district.

I am mostly recovered from the whole food poisoning, please let me die episode.  Unfortunately, I have struggled with PTSD in the last two weeks.  Of all the luck, we were on date night and play time and the like and somehow it all got wrapped up in my mind with the sickness.  I am really, really aware this makes very little sense.  Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of control over my feelings.  How I handle them yes, that they are there, no. 

Anywhoo...  I have lost a good bit of weight.  We are going out of town, no one will know me/us, and I want to look sexy for The Man.  Before I type the rest, you are NOT allowed to laugh (ok you are)  It has been so long since I felt sexy, I don't know what it looks like...  I have a very sexy dress that didn't fit last year that fits this year and yeah.. I'm pretty happy about it.  Stepping outside the comfort zone was my intention (ya know without running the risk of arrest) until the whole struggle with PTSD.  I want to be able to play and have fun.  I want us to be just us, and well, I want to be his lover this week.  Not the mother of his children, not somebody's mother, friend, social worker, Sunday school teacher, not even his wife, but his lover, his mate, and his mistress.

So... packing has become a stressful thing.  I would really like to manage to embark upon our trip with out a discipline spanking because being on edge tends to cause my mouth to come unhinged...

We love to travel together.  We talk, we laugh, we listen to books together or I read to him.  My favorite is playing X-rated Hangman.  Wish me luck.  I will try to post pics of our trip.

13 comments:

  1. Hey Dana...ask the Man...I'll bet he will say that you are his lover, his mate, his mistress and dang sexy! ;)

    Have a wonderful and fun trip and remember to ask for help before your mouth gets you into trouble.

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany. I am getting the oh YES we are going on a trip jitters..

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, have such a wonderful time and rock that sexy dress Dana! Confidence on the inside is just as important as the clothes on the outside and I'm sure he's gonna notice and appreciate both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tess. I am trying to get in the groove..

      Delete
  4. It's often hard to shed our many roles and just focus on each other. Good for you! I hope it's a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to get there.. I love spending time just us

      Delete
  5. Have a great trip, Dana. New Orleans is fun! Have a beignet at Cafe du Monde for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jake. It is on the list..

      Delete
  6. Have a great trip! The time alone is so needed! Enjoy! We love New Orleans!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm late to the party, but I hope you guys are having an amazing time. Relax and enjoy. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete