Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Whew... Lot's been goin' on in this Corner of the South

Sometimes you just bump along...and other times it seems like things change fast, and you wonder just where it started.  Sometimes the end result of growth is great, but the process not so much.  Ya know what I mean?

So.. here we go.  First off, I am super, duper tickled to report that since January 1st, I have lost 16 and a half pounds (yes, the half is important).  I have come to love salads for one meal a day, zumba and synergy. (well the last two once I got over being so sore I couldn't move).  I have 35 pounds left to reach my first goal.  (read, The Man has said we will evaluate after that)

I am being given a new opportunity at work that I find tempting.  It gives me a way to make a huge difference.  We are praying.  I am thinking and weighing my options.  I have made some changes in my work place and the stress is more manageable.

The Man is taking me to New Orleans.  WOOOHOOOO!!!!  (Yeah Cat, so not telling where we are staying...)  It is one of our favorite places to visit.  SSSSHHHH, we aren't taking kids.

And now for the changing.  I would like to tell you that I don't still feel hollow inside, but I can tell you that I don't feel as hollow.  My sadness is fading and I am feeling more myself.  The Man has made sure I understand that I am still me.  He has listened to my feelings, understood it has nothing to do with him and in his calm way smoothed the rough waters of my emotions, so that I can reason through to the other side.

We are growing as individuals and together.  It has been very difficult for me to come to terms with the reality that I enjoy being spanked.  Understand my Spank-no friends, I don't like being disciplined at all.  They hurt and much more so than others.  I am convinced it is because I am heart broken that I have disappointed either him or myself or damaged our relationship in some way.

For whatever reason I am wired that being spanked keeps me on an even keel.  It smooths my emotions, and can be extremely exciting for me.  It has taken me a long time to understand it's not a bad thing.  It's just what works for us.  This Man of mine has patiently, lovingly and through his leadership helped me accept this part of me an thrive and grow.  The stronger he grows in his leadership and HoH role, the more I am able to submit and offer him what he desires most, my respect.  That is how he feels loved, is when I show him that I respect him as my husband, the head of our home, my lover and my friend.

The more respect I give, the more he thrives.  The more he thrives, the more he gives.  It's a pretty good cycle don't you think?   How I love this Man of Mine...

17 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you are in a better place sweetie. Congrats on the weight loss. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks T. It is a better place..

      Delete
  2. Hey Dana...Doin' my Happy Dance over here for your healthy weight loss! Sheesh, if I keep doing my Happy Dance for all my friends, maybe I will lose some weight! LOL

    Ooh exciting opportunity workwise? Will pray it turns out the way that benefits you and your family best.

    Woohoo...New Orleans is one of my favorite cities for food and art...I'm sure you two will have a wonderful time.

    Even though I'm a spankno, ya know I still love ya. Who knows, I may someday meet another wonderful man and join the rank of spankos. *teehee* Bottom line, you and the Man have figured out what works best for each of you and your marriage...that's all that matters.

    It's a wonderful cycle and I am sure the Man is saying "How I love is Woman of Mine." ;)

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy post.. May you continue to be blessed as you grow closer and more connected. Enjoy your trip to New Orleans. God bless you and yours, Belle L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Belle, I am happy. I am so looking forward to our trip.

      Delete
  4. So happy for you. What is a spankno?
    Bea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bea. A spankno is someone who derives no sexual pleasure from being spanked.

      Delete
  5. It's wonderful to hear things are going well for you Dana. Spanko or Spankno, it doesn't really matter does it? As long as things are good for you as a couple.

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Callie, Thanks, they truly are and no that is what I am learning. It's all about what works for you...

      Delete
  6. Dana, all really great stuff! Congrats on the weight loss!!! WooHoo!! :) Awesome!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara. I'm pretty pleased with life right about now...

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the weight loss, Dana! And enjoy the Big Easy--it's a wonderful city to visit (though not necessarily conducive to losing weight).

    My wife Joy is struggling through exactly this same issue right now. Her image of what she thinks she should seems to be at war with what she really is. I keep trying to point out that should is one of those words that is laden with guilt, defined by others, and does not need to apply to her.

    Glad that you have reached a feeling of acceptance. Perhaps there's hope for Joy as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jake,
      It's not easy and some days are worse than others. I have totally enjoyed your blog and have sent several posts for The Man to read. It is a very hard thing. The Man is my husband and at the end of the day whether someone doesn't approve or not, I'm making love to my husband. Maybe that is something for Joy to think about. It helped me

      Delete
    2. Thanks, that's a good way to think about it. I'll pass it on.

      Delete
  8. I am really jealous of the weight loss! Mine has been on a plateau for such a long time!

    Realising you like to be spanked feels strange at first - and then you sort of get used to it. Even when it's really hard to take, it leaves you with such a lovely glow both inside and out. I know it works for us because it has brought us closer together than we have ever been. Also, there is such great support here in the community.

    Enjoy your trip to New Orleans. It's a place I should love to visit one day!

    Many hugs,

    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ami,

      Zumba baby.. and Synergy, and a strict diet. I have 35 left. Yes, it has been very hard to come to terms. There was such shame with it. I didn't think I was supposed to feel this way, but well I do, and he does and it works for us. Thanks for stopping by. I read your blog often..

      Delete