Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Time Has Come... The Time is Now...

Yup.. Yup...  You guessed it.. The Man is on the plane headed home.  Strike up the band.. shall we all do...





This is the hardest part...  It just seems like time is standing still, going backwards, not moving along, you get the idea.  While he is gone, I have the constant talk with myself, "Buck up girlfriend, find those big girl panties and put them on.  He is depending on you."  Yet, when I know it's close, when I know it's almost time for him to be here.  The part of me that he affectionately nicknamed me, "Little Girl", is ready for my mate to come home.  Ready to fit under his shoulder, ready to relax into his authority. 

Unfortunately, the part of me that has to hold it together, made decisions, be independent, scoffs and says... I don't think so dude...  Gonna have to show me you are up to the task..   Which is why, this is in the future...

 
 
 
And it's okay.   It is here that we reconnect.  It is here that I soften and fall into him.  It is here that he establishes that he is home and has taken the mantle of authority.  And well, there just isn't anything sexier than a man who knows who he is, knows who you are, and how to fit the pieces together to make a whole...





20 comments:

  1. I will miss you while you and the Man reconnect! Enjoy is sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks T. I intend to... I intend to indulge...

      Delete
  2. So happy he's on his way!!!! A little reconnect is always in order and I'm super happy that you will be with your love soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This month has been a tough one. I am so ready...

      Delete
  3. i'm glad he's coming home, and enjoy your time together. it's never the same when they're away.

    maryanne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's just isn't. We do what we need to do and I understand that, but still.. I am so glad he's home.

      Delete
  4. Hey Dana...Doing my 'happy dance' for you. Wishing you and the Man a wonderful reconnection!

    We will still be here whenever you can pop in. ;)

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat, and thanks for keeping me company last night. I meant a lot...

      Delete
  5. Woo-hoo! I'll join in the happy dance! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace!! It's good to hear from you. I have missed you.

      Delete
  6. Happy Dancing here too. and have fun reconnecting. that shifting of gears can be tough, but once you get there isn't it so wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, shifting gears is hard, but the more dominant he becomes the easier it is..

      Delete
  7. Enjoy your re-connection, Dana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why... Thanks Jake. I hope things with you and Joy are moving along in the right direction....

      Delete
  8. Hooray! Enjoy every minute Dana:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so great. Hope you have a wonderful time together. :) Reconnecting and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is awesome to have him home...

      Delete