Saturday, March 30, 2013

Date Night and Food Poisoning...

The Man and I had date night on Friday night.  He had everything planned.  He explained that he had everything under control.  I dressed for the evening and off we went.

We had a wonderful time.  Supper wasn't the best in the world.  I felt the chicken in my dish didn't taste quite right so after a couple of bites, I left it alone.  (Why I thought eating the rest of the dish would be okay is beyond me at this point).

The Man took us to a hotel, so that we could have a rowdy, rambunctious, loud time with no one the wiser...  After an amazing experience...  we made it half way home before the pain started.

He ended up taking me to the Emergency Room around 11.  I spent part of my time thinking I was dying and the other praying someone would put me out of my misery.  However, I am learning some things the hard way.

I have always been so very independent.  I have never, ever trusted easily especially when I am already vulnerable with sickness.  In recent times, I have been forced into  position that I had to trust him to care for me.  And care for me he has.  He walked with me, holding the IV.  He cared for me so that others didn't have to put their hands on me. (that is for me, not out of some sense of jealousy on his part)

He cancelled every last one of his plans today.  He has taken care of the kiddos, and he has waited on me hand and foot without smothering me.  I have explained to the good Lord that I get it.  That I know I can lean on The Man and that truth be told, I like it.  I also explained that I felt I had learned this lesson well and could I not be sick like this anymore.

On a side note, my Mom, God Love her, offered to come and take care of me and to rock me in the recliner like she used to when I was small.  She told me that she loved me and would be here in a skinny minute if The Man needed back up or a break.  It is really awesome to have my Mom back.  I thanked her, told her how much I loved her, and then explained that The Man had it way under control.

14 comments:

  1. It is like you said, we are in a similar frame of mind. It's a strange thing learning to trust. I am getting there, and it isn't easy. Hopefully now you can trust without having to be sick to get there. Feel better.

    Hugs,
    TL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am learning this lesson on many, many levels.

      Delete
  2. I love being cared for by H when I'm sick. He can do a much better job of making me feel better than anyone else, just because it's him.

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am one who has always taken care of me, preferred it that way, didn't want to be vulnerable while I was sick. I am learning that The Man will take care of me.

      Delete
  3. Hey Dana...I am so happy that the Man has been there for you and that you have your Mom back. Also very happy that the entertainment portion of the evening was concluded prior to the introduction of the food poisoning but...dang, that just sucks!

    Please do yourself, the Man, and your family a favor...if you take a few bites and it doesn't taste right or good...send it back! You are paying for it...twice!

    Sending lots of prayers and healing energy your way. Call or text if there's anything I can do.

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful evening.. until... Holy Jesus... I can't remember being this sick. He has been wonderful.

      Delete
  4. Yikes! That's not a good end to date night! Sounds like you had fun until the chicken took over, but still...

    Hope you feel better, Dana, and congrats to you for having such a caring partner in the Man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jake,

      The side benefit is I'm learning a deeper level of trust and with it come a greater feeling of safety and security. This Man of Mine is good and caring and trustworthy.. (not to mention sexy as all get out)

      Delete
  5. Oh, Dana. The horrors of food poisoning. Yuc. Glad to hear that your man is stepping up.
    Bea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bea,

      Oh Lord, the pain was unreal.. I am better now, and I am so thankful for him.

      Delete
  6. I am so sorry that you had food poisoning! I had it once and I can attest, you do feel like you are dying and wish you could just get it over with. I'm glad it didn't ruin all of date night, sorry it did ruin the end. But I'm glad that out of all that you learned that you could lean when you need to. It's a fine lesson to take to heart.

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am learning.. this man of mine, he loves me, truly loves me, and the parts I have hidden, he loves all the more for being trusted with them. What an adventure. And yes, I thought I was dying and wishing I could.. Have mercy...

      Delete
  7. Hey girly,

    I have some news to share with you. If you get a chance in between your time with the man could you please shoot me an email, mrsbucko30@gmail.com or give me a call. Nothing is wrong so don't stress if you don't get to it.

    Hugs,
    TL

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful guy! I loved your line "I also explained that I felt I had learned this lesson well and could I not be sick like this anymore." If it works for you, let me know, it never seems to for me when I pray stuff like this, so if you find the secret, let me know! ;) I am so glad that your mother is so behind you too. We don't all get that, and I think it's so wonderful that you are so loved and cared for. :)

    ReplyDelete