Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Thank you all so much...

I am safely at home.  The Man has been the best on the planet.  The surgery went well.  I am not in a tremendous amount of pain, cause well The Man went to the nurse and made sure I was taken care of.

Your thoughts and concerns were precious to me.  You will never know.  I will write more later on how TTWD affected this day.

The Man well he is so smart.  He had to go pick up the kiddos from school and didn't want to leave me alone.  He called my mom.  I told him later that I was VERY well aware that he picked her because he knew I would keep my tush in the chair and not risk falling while she was here.  He just smiled.

I'm going to go rest.  He is being very careful with me.  I feel so very loved.  He walks that fine line between caring for me and smothering me.  He does it well, he does it with grace.  He does it with strength and integrity.  I love him for that...

21 comments:

  1. So happy you are home and not in a lot of pain Dana. You have a very special man and I'm sure he will take excellent care of you. Call or text if you need anything. Sending heaing thoughts and prayers your way.

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are awesome. I will call in a day or two. We have cut my phone off because my clients just won't quit. The Man feels that tomorrow will more than likely be the hardest. Therefore he wants me to rest.

      Delete
    2. The Man is very wise...shutting off the phone is a good thing so that you can rest. Yes, he is right, you will feel worse tomorrow...sleep as much as you can.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Blue... I'm in and out of it. My body seems to know EXACTLY when it's out of pain meds..

      Delete
  3. Happy you are home, Dana, and that your husband is such a great care-taker while you need it the most.

    Elisa Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear all went well!! Hope tomorrow is smooth sailing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If this 4 hour wake up call through ambien is any clue... I'm screwed..

      Delete
  5. Hi Dana, glad you are home, hope the recovery is fast,take care, Jan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. It is much better this time, there were no actual incisions...

      Delete
  6. Been praying for you! Get better super fast! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kay, now if someone could just get the license plate of the trucker that JUST ran me over.. that would be great...:)

      Delete
  7. Wishing you a restful and easy recovery. :)

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm resting alright... The Man isn't leaving me much choice and that is a good thing.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have been thinking about you. Happy you're home and being well cared for.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    Sorry about the deleted comment, I really need to spellx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ronnie,

      Thanks!!! The Man is taking really good care of me. I just wish somebody had seen that truck that ran me over...

      Delete
  10. I'm so glad you are doing well. I know this has been a struggle for you. Hang in there my friend. Call me if you need me.

    Hug,
    TL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks TL.... The morning was better... This afternoon kinda sucks...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Go easy Dana...real glad you are doing mostly well.

    ReplyDelete