Sunday, February 10, 2013

Skating on Thin Ice, Grace and Stop, Drop and Roll...

It had been a rough day.  Due to my daughter, I totally shut The Man out.  In that moment of severe pain, I wanted someone to hurt like I was hurting, so I did the unthinkable and turned away from him.  I was convinced that I would fly into a million pieces if I allowed him to give me a soft place to land.  So I just completely shut down, closed in.... LOCK OUT had nothing on me....

The next day, when I came to myself, I apologized.  He was there, ready and waiting with his love, and dominance.  I figured I had quite the spanking coming...  Afterall, I deserved it, earned it, demanded it with my behavior so I was resigned....  It was to be date night, all the children gone, so there would be no need to postpone...



Then .... have you ever heard this sound....











 
 
Yeah, that is me skating baby....  A wise friend called  it GRACE with gravey.  Because I went to him first, apologized and showed him that I knew the damage that this kind of behavior can do to our relationship he was not going to spank me for that......
 
 
 
Yeah, STOP the presses... not getting spanked for that....  DROP my head because I forgot to get my prescription filled for a week..... and ROLL on over bottom in the air...  It was swift, it was quick, and it was made clear that next time it wouldn't be either...  Then.. well, we danced...


8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you went to the Man and I'm glad he was forgiving. I'm happy for you honey. I hope things get better soon and that for now you were able to enjoy the dance.

    Lots of Hugs,
    TL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.. I love me some dancin.... just sayin...

      Delete
  2. Sometimes, you get just what you need!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he often tells me it is his job to lead me not bury me.....

      Delete
  3. That is awesome that you knew the behaviour had to change, and that he also gave you grace for it. :) Hopefully you'll remember your meds next time, though having had meds in the past, I know how easy it is to forget to renew... yikes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding... I was very grateful that he gave me grace... and leniency.

      Delete
  4. Hey Dana...so proud of you for owning the mistake and apologizing. So very proud of the way the Man handled it also. Please learn this lesson cause it if happens again, gotta funny feeling there would be no 'grace with gravy' but rather 'spanking with gravy'.

    Sorry you got spanked over the prescription but darn it...! Can you put it on an auto-refill program and then they could text or email you every month when it's filled?

    Very happy to hear the rest of date night was a lovely dance. :D

    Since you won't let me talk to him, please tell the Man I said 'Hey!' and 'You are an awesome HoH.'

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO talking... And yes, I will, and I am going to look into the auto refill thingy...

      Delete