Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love is Patient, Love is Kind...

So, today is Valentine's Day.  I have the most wonderful husband in the world.  We have added two children to our home due to a family situation.  My parent's will be married 50 years on Saturday and I am throwing a huge party for them.  We are gearin up for me to have surgery next week.

AND that was just THIS week....  So, last night, at about 11pm after he had helped me pack up all the crystal to take for decorations this weekend...  He looked at me with a bit of panic and said, "I haven't done a thing for Valentine's Day, Babe, I am so sorry."  Well, Big Man, I beg to differ.  Let me list what you have done for Valentine's Day.

1.  You didn't hesitate when we needed to take the girls
2.  You have tilled my garden and enlarged it.
3.  You spent all day going to  pre op appointments with me
4.  You have foot the bill for the entire party for my folks and never complained.
5.  You met me at the grocery store at lunch time and then took the food to the party place.
6.  You went to Wal-Mart at 9pm to get bubble wrap because you know the crystal matters to much to me.
7.  You have reassured me every step of the way that this party is going to be great.
8.  You got up at 2 am to get medicine for my migraine and never even huffed.
9.  You recognized that I so desperately need to work out and make sure that it happens.
10.  You know that I need spanked for the stress relief and have made sure it happens as I need it.

You are spending the evening entertaining children instead of "dancing" with your wife because well, she is in bed with the migraine from hell.  I love you Sweetheart.. You are SOOOOO My Valentine.

18 comments:

  1. What a great post, Dana. Sometimes we forget to notice the little things. It's so awesome that you recognize them in your Man. Happy Valentine's Day. Feel better, girlfriend.

    Hugs,
    TL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks T... I hope yours was awesome.

      Delete
  2. What a romantic hunk of manliness!! :D :D I love this post... praying for your "extra kids" situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... he is so romantic. He never brags, never complains, he just does..

      Delete
  3. Awww Dana...So sorry you are sick. Sending healing energy and prayers that you feel better soon.

    The gifts the Man has given you are priceless and he is awesome.

    Surgery!!!!! Woman you'd better be calling me as soon as you recover from that migraine! Don't make me track down the Man's number...

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll call when I can. I promise. Things have been crazy

      Delete
  4. Hope the mugraine gets sorted. N it's wonderful to know he's been so helpful n supportive. That's way valentine-worthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is getting better, and yes.. I love him very much.

      Delete
  5. Thats so awesome Dana. We all celebrate Valentines in a way that makes it special to us.
    Your Man is wonderful for you and he does so many things for you. I hope your migraine goes away soon.... I hate them.

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyday Callie. This is him, everyday.

      Delete
  6. Feel better Dana!

    I'll take everyday sacrifice and servant leadership over flowers and candy. Every time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Bless, I know I am a bit late reading this but I just had to say how sweet he is, Hope you are better, Jan,x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am much better... and yes, he is so sweet and good and kind.

      Delete
  8. Now that is quite the Valentine's Gift list! So proud of your hubby for making your life easier. What a catch you go in him! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He works so very hard to make things easier for me. He shows me love.

      Delete
  9. Wow, it sounds like you've had a LOT going on! I hope you're feeling better soon and I think it's wonderful that you appreciate your hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have ALOT going on. It will get better soon. He is a most amazing man...

      Delete