Sunday, February 17, 2013

Just Gotta Share

Yesterday two people were honored.  Their lives together, their commitment, their love and what they have built together.

Yesterday, I had the honor of giving my parents their 50th wedding anniversary party.  My three Aunts converged upon the reception hall on Friday and while I decorated the place, they were creating art in their own way.  I don't know what I would do without them.  They have always been there.

I had a video created from 50 years of pictures and pictures of them as children and young adults, and at the end, my mother asked my father to dance.  She requested the song, "Can I have this dance for the rest of my life."  She sang it to him as her face was pressed to his.  There was NOT a dry eye in the place as it was oh so obvious that my Daddy loves her and she loves him.

I won't share pics of them, though its precious.  I am going to share pictures of some of the decorations and the like...  It was my pleasure and it meant everything to me to give them the party of their dreams.

 




 These are the hands that have loved one another for 50 years.

 
 
The cake that they cut.
 
 

10 comments:

  1. The decorations look beautiful. I hope in 50 years Bucko and I have someone as amazing as you to do all of that for us. I'm sure it was amazing.

    Lots of love,
    TL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! My parents were thrilled and that meant the world to me.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations. It is inspiring to see a love that lasts.

    What a fabulous daughter you are!

    ~Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! They are amazing people. I loved doing it for them.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Dana on giving your parents such a lovely celebration of their love. I agree with SirQsmlb...what a fabulous daughter you are! Hope you and the Man are resting today. ;)

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Man has been so good and kind. He has taken the gaggle of children and I have had a day to rest and relax. My parents were thrilled and that was all that matters.

      Delete
  4. What a special gift they have in you as a daughter. I am sure they loved every single moment and were very honoured that you did this for them! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were thrilled and I was honored to do it. When he looked at her with such love as they danced, I thought.... This is why he stayed... and when she looked at him, I thought... this is why she stayed...

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful party and a touching way to honour your parents! Beautiful decorations too! I just love pictures of a couple's hands that show the wedding rings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great C. Thanks for the compliment. They were just so tickled. They have done so much for me and my family I sooo wanted to give them something back..

      Delete