Saturday, February 23, 2013

Did Someone See that Train?

I gotta tell ya, the last few days have been much better than my last emergency surgery.  Course there was no cutting.  However,  my body still feels like a train ran me over.  I am much better today.  Yesterday was pretty much a wash as all I did was sleep.

I am going to try to get up and do some things today.  Maybe.... The Man is pretty vested in me taking it easy as he will be leaving on Monday.

This time was very different than my other surgeries.  (I've only had two)  However, with the PTSD, I often find situations like that very difficult, and end up BEING difficult.  Verbally aggressive and well downright nasty. 

It was not that way this time.  It was different. He was different.  The Man was right there.  He was very involved and he made sure I was taken care of before the wheels fell off.  It was very hard to have to go without him.  That was the worst part.  Being put out.. knowing I was going out and having no control over it.

I was able to relax cause I knew the Man was there.  When I got back into the room, he immediately went to the nurse because I was sick and hurting. I found that I didn't have to be Beulah Witch because the Man had it under control.  I was able to relax.  I realized how far I've come that I was able to let him take care of me.  That I wanted  him to take care of me.. That I trusted him to do what was best.

So... today, The Man is trying to decide whether I should be up or not... Right now, I'm in the bed.  I'm shooting for sitting in the living room for a while...

8 comments:

  1. Hey Dana...so happy to hear you are on the mend. Please tell the Man, from me, that a change of scenery...living room rather than bedroom, will actually help your frame of mind.

    So very proud of both of you and the progress you have made in this past year!

    Sending healing energy and prayers your way. Call if you need anything.

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have spent alot of time resting...

      Delete
  2. Happy the Man is taking good care of you. Now enjoy it while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is soooo wonderful! I hope and pray you start to feel better soon, but seeing as how your husband is proving what a champion he is, I'm guessing he's going to help you right along with that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a struggle. Today is the first day I have felt somewhat normal.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you have a great care-giver. From a nursing stand-point, it's better if you move and walk some, and better if you sit for little periods of time. Lack of movement can cause some serious complications. That being said, it is NOT good if you overdo. Your body needs to heal. You don't want to break any stitches loose or faint, or fall. I'm sure your doctor gave you instructions, so just don't be Wonder Woman and refuse to follow them. I will join the others in continuing to pray for you. May you be blessed with a quick and easy recovery. May this surgery take care of the difficulties that you have experienced, and you can live a healthier, happier life with your loved ones. God bless you and all those who love and worry over you, Belle L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has been good. I have gotten up and walked, I even took a walk outside. Today is the first day I've kinda felt myself. Thanks for the well wishes

      Delete