Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Makes me Nervous in a Happy Kinda Way..

Well now.. the time has come.. the time is now...  Yup... those of you who know us, know it's time for The Man to come home.  He will be here tomorrow.  We are changing, we are growing and that is a good thing. (sounds like Martha Stewart doesn't it?)

I am so thrilled when he comes home.  Many of you have often said you don't know how we do it.  Him gone a month and home a month.  We make it work, it works for us.  It's not always fun, it's not always easy, but it's our life.

  I will be honest with you.  It is hard for me when he comes home.  I have had to be in charge of the home while he's been gone.  I am submissive by nature.  By that, I mean it is my hearts desire to please my husband.  I am also a very strong, mouthy  expressive woman who often finds myself with my posterior red.  It is hard for me to shift.  I also struggle with the things that I know I would have been spanked for had he been home.  Not so much a rule, as attitude.

I have to remind myself that he is home.  It is now my job to be the helpmate, the supporter, not the leader in the home.  It is a constant struggle to remind the boys that Daddy is in charge.  Even though, I work very hard to make sure they know that we talk and Daddy has the final say on any decision, be it permission, punishment etc...  There are times I can't wait, but I will say, "This is the initial decision, however it may change once I talk to Dad."

He is a good man.. this man of mine.  His intention when he comes home is to relieve me of many of my duties.  It is a blessing.  I have to remind myself not to be snarky if the towels are folded wrong, or the dishes aren't put away in just the way I want them.  Or the laundry(clean) is piled on th bed.  See, I am a creature of habit.  Everything has a process, everything has a procedure, everything has a certain way they are done, put away...  (YOU get the idea).  He is trying to learn all those, and I am trying to relax.

I'm gonna end up with a spanked bottom.  Somedays, this is a good thing.  Truth be told, I'm a spanko and I enjoy it in our personal time.  I gotta tell ya, not so much when I am in trouble.  Makes no sense to me.  I enjoy it in one avenue and the other terrifies me.  Nobody ever said I was easy...  All things considered, I sure will be glad to feel The Man's arm enfold me.  There just isn't a safer place to be...

13 comments:

  1. Yea!!! Doing my happy dance for you. Since you won't let him talk to me LOL, tell the Man I said "WELCOME HOME".

    Just breathe Dana, you will adjust just fine...I have faith in you!

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No talking.. no talking.. I get into enough trouble ALLLL by myself...

      Delete
  2. I hope you enjoy every minute of having him there with you Dana :)

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh.. I will.. even if I'm upside down...

      Delete
  3. That would be such a tricky transition! It sounds like you handle it pretty well, actually.

    p.s. I have to tell you, I giggled when you mentioned the towels. I grew up in a household where there was a definite WAY that you folded towels...and now I sometimes fold them several different ways just to mix it up:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tess,

      One time when I asked him if there was a certain way to fold them, he said, "Absolutely, exactly how you want them..."

      Some transitions are easier than others..

      Delete
  4. It's so great that you'll have him home again for a month. :) That would be hard to having to be in charge for a month, and then not in charge for a month... do you find you really struggle with the transition? I get you on the towels, it's all I can do to not redo them after my husband does. LOL But he helped, and I'm so not going to make him feel like he didn't do a good job, no matter how much my fingers itch to put them right. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard, but I love him so, and I want him to be happy. There are certain things, that it's just easier for EVERYONE to follow the pattern, and thank God he does... My part of that is learning to let others things go... BEFORE I a upside down with my bottom in the air.. Know what I mean?

      Delete
  5. Oh, such a tough transition but you've done it before and there must be all sorts of "electricity" in it.

    Hope the not so great spankings are very few in #!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.. there are definite tingles... yes Ma'am...

      Delete
  6. So glad he's coming home, Dana. Enjoy the reconnect! What if there was a symbol that could help you remember - it sounds like you know, but it's just confusion. When our son was having problems in school, I gave him a small rock and wrote a message on it - Mommy loves you and trusts you to do the right thing. That way he felt the weight of it in his pocket and it was a constant reminder. It helped. It could be something like that, or a necklace or bracelet. When he came home he could put it on you or put it in your pocket to help you remember he was home and that he is steering the ship :)

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh...and the fear? I don't fear any implement, I don't fear any correction, I fear disappointing him. I have a need to be pleasing to him.

      Delete
    2. I know the feeling well... I so don't want to do anything that would make him disappointed or angry with me. It complicates things sometimes that "punishment" when I was growing up often crossed the line to something to be feared..

      I really, really like the idea of something to wear to help me remember.

      Delete