Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I just Gotta Tell somebody...

Okay.. So...  those of you who read my blogs know that I am on the weight loss train...  I sometimes hop off long enough to get a McFlurry... and a spanking... 

I approached weight loss with new vigor this year.  And... I have lost another 10 pounds.  I have 40 left that I want to lose.  I have lost 45.  I have determined that I am going to do this thing.  The weight makes me miserable and ashamed to look in the mirror.

For those two reasons, The Man offered to help me with my program.  I am accountable to him.  Let me take a moment to be clear.  He loved me 50 pounds heavier and told me everyday I was beautiful.  It is NOT about that.  He realizes that it does a MAJOR mental job on my head and heart to be that heavy.  So, he has placed it under, "be healthy" rule.  I am given many positive rewards for my goals being met, and yes, he spanks my bottom when I break my diet or don't exercise.  I would like to say that I am always appreciative and happy about his HOH role in my diet..  Deep sigh... I try NEVER to lie...

So..  Yes, I am proud of me.  It has been and continues to be very hard work.  I hid behind weight, and food was my comfort.  I am having to learn new skills and why I ate to feel better.  I am learning to like the newer me.  To continue to work toward my goal.

I have to say, to my husband.  Your unfailing, unwaivering, unconditional love, gave me a safe place to "shed" my safety suit.  You will never know how much I love you for that.  And for the times I wasn't very pleasant when you told me no when I asked for ice cream or a cookie...  Well, I and my bottom are sorry... (maybe one more than the other when I am upside down...) 

20 comments:

  1. 45 pounds is an awesome accomplishment! I hope you are, rightfully so, very proud of yourself. But remember this - weight is a numerical representation of the relationship between you and gravity - it does not, nor should it ever, define who you are. Therefore no shame. I'm feeling rather philosophical right now and heard or saw that somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try really, really hard to remember that. At this point, it's about feeling better... and the exercise.. (zumba, and yoga/pilates) is how I survive the stress of the day. The head stuff I have to work on..

      Delete
  2. Weight...yes...I can relate as I need to lose some myself. I feel better (both physically and emotionally) when I weigh less than I currently do. Right now my focus isn't on weight loss per se, it's more on developing healthier habits and inevitably those will lead to some weight loss. I've posed it to myself as gaining health rather than losing weight...same thing really (though the gaining health entails aspects other than losing weight), but somehow mentally it changes my perspective and I'm able to embrace the challenge a bit easier. Anyway, great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is all The Man cares about. He wants me to be healthy and happy. I want to be around to enjoy my later years. Weight has always been a terrible struggle for me. Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete
  3. Hey Dana - You will always be my friend no matter what the weight.

    This is what you want and you are doing it very healthily so GO YOU! Getting healthy is definitely a great goal and Christina said it very well.

    Congratulations to the Man for his encouragement and support.

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I only allow myself to weigh in once a week.

      Delete
  4. Thats Awesome Dana,

    Its about how healthy you feel on the inside that counts :)

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. The outside is great and sometimes as hard as it is to lose weight, it's the inside that I struggle with.

      Delete
  5. Yeah Dana!
    I am in the same boat with you! It is an incredible feeling when you realize you can do it, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You becha... Thanks for the atta boy.

      Delete
  6. You go girl! You deserve to be proud of yourself, but remember what the Man says. You are beautiful no matter what. Keep up the great work, girlfriend.

    Hugs,
    TL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TL. That last part.. that is the hardest to accept skinny or fat...

      Delete
  7. Awesome job, Dana, you should be so proud!

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks June. I feel pretty good about it... Well, till that morning after, oh LORD.. what have I done as the backs of my thighs are screaming....

      Delete
  8. Wow! Good for you Dana. Our goal here too is to be healthy, not get stuck on numbers but on living as long together as the time God gives us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Susie. I feel better. I am working on the head stuff..

      Delete
  9. Wow! Good for you Dana. I think it is great that you have lost so much weight!!! And kudos to The Man for helping you in his own way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend. It has been a long road, but I am determined and I love that he is willing to walk the road with me

      Delete
  10. Kudos to you on the weight loss! 45 lbs is amazing! It's nice when you have an amazing support system at home too :) I could some "help" with a few things I want to get accomplished, but I'm too wimpy to ask my "H" for His help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emi. Actually, I didn't actually ask. He asked me and I immediately said YES. It's not always easy. I'm don't always have a perfect attitude. Lord knows I'm not always appreciative, especiallly when I know I've done something to put my butt on the line. But I am very appreciative ALWAYS that he loves me that much, with or without the weight.

      Delete