Monday, December 3, 2012

Once Upon a Time

Once upon a time there was a 17 year old girl, and she fell in love with a 27 year old soldier.  Their love was something to behold.  Together, they made a life with 4 beautiful children and umpteen grands and great grands..

Their love was an amazing thing to behold.  He called her "Sug".  She called him "Hon".He was quick to tell you that she was the greatest thing since sliced bread and she was his whole world.  He was a quiet man of slate gray eyes, and he was her knight in shining armor, best friend, father of her children and her soul mate.  She was social, loving, creative and for her, he was the only one.

Their love went beyond when he went home to be with the Lord.  Their love was so strong, he would come to her in her dreams and comfort her.  He came for three years after his passing.  His last time, he danced her around the room and told her to remember he loved her more than anything, and he would be waiting for her.. just on the other side.

She went on, living and loving her family.  Praying for her children and grands.  Quilting and sewing, until she could no longer see or remember how.

I am praying that their love is strong enough.  Strong enough that the soldier of 27, will come and get the spirit of that 17 year old girl and take her home.  She has fought the good fight.  With all my heart, I want to keep her, but not like this.  So, it is with deep sorrow, but love for her..  my hope is that my Grandaddy will dance into your dreams Granma Granma and take you home.  Home where I  know that  you will hear... "Well done thy good and faithful servant.  Enter in.. Enter in."

Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers, My grandmother has slipping into a semi conscious state.  Please pray especially for my aunt who is the primary caretaker.

22 comments:

  1. That was the most romantic, touching and moving thing I've read in a long time. You have inspired me... thank you.

    ~Alta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were such an inspiration to all of us. They are who showed me what it was to be loved like The Man loves me...

      Delete
  2. Oh Dana - Sitting here with tears in my eyes for your pain and a smile on my face for their love.

    Sending lots of prayers and hugs for you and your family.

    May the good lord send your Grandaddy to bring your Granma home very soon.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat. Theirs was a most amazing love story. The kind like you see in story books.

      Delete
  3. You and your family are in my prayers. The good-byes are the hardest part of this world, and I think the absence of good-byes is going to be close to the most wonderful part of life in heaven. God bless and comfort your Granma, and all who love her. -Belle L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Belle. It's just so hard to let her go. But not when you see her in pain. None of us want that...

      Delete
  4. Good story very well told - thank you Dana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Theirs was a great love story.

      Delete
  5. oh no, i'm so emo i was tearing up.... prayers for you and your family during this difficult time. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. She is my last living grandparent...

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful love story. Thinking of you and your family Dana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much.. They were truly the things fairy tales are made of..

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful story! May God give you all peace and may you hear the music when the soldier dances his girl home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh.. what wonderful thing to say. Thanks so much

      Delete
  8. That's a beautiful story. This is truly a difficult time for you, but take comfort that your grandmother will join your grandfather when she is ready. I will keep your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanie. It is tough, but God's timing is His own.

      Delete
  9. The story is beautiful. You are in my thoughts. Let me know if you need to talk honey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the best. You are such a blessing.

      Delete
  10. Wow D, you are a beautifull writer. And what a story. You will definatly be in our prayers. You never forget a Grandparent, they are the best. Call anytime if you need to talk, I wish I was there to give you a hug.
    All my best to you and your family D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I MISS YOU!!! How are you and the grands?

      Delete
    2. I MISS YOU!!!!!! HOw are the grands?

      Delete
  11. I know this is a older post but I absolutely love it.. I know you or your family but will sure get y'all on every prayer list I know of :)

    ReplyDelete