Saturday, December 8, 2012

A Day in the Life....

Yeah, The Man is home, and I just haven't been in blogland...  The first few days the need to just BE with him is overwhelming.  I begrudge every phone call, every interruption..  I just want time for us as a family to get in the groove. 

Today, life intruded, but that was ok.  There have been a few chuckles.. like saying to my best friend...  "Wait, I need to daughter proof my bedroom before we let her in ( she's 14).  The look on my friends face as I calmly gathered up our two leather paddles and the hair brush, would have been mortifying if it hadn't been so darn funny.  I didn't expect her to follow me....

We have decorated for Christmas, taking out my angels and putting up the tree.  My son has taken over the outside lights, and he did a damn fine job...  My parents came over for dinner and I had a very pleasant, wonderful evening with my Mom.

Now, I am sitting here, watching my two youngest sons on the couch with their dad, cruisin' the net, looking at geeky tshirts and things ONLY nerds will get... God, how I love them all..   Tomorrow we will go to church as a family and i love that part..

The Man made the ultimate sacrifice and went grocery shopping with me today.  THAT is always entertaining as I feel it is important for him to see how much food costs...  I'm a really good shopper and it's still  VERY pricey folks..

Now, I am waiting, ever so patiently...for The Man to finish Daddy time.  Did I mention he is an awesome Dad?  Course he happens to be a pretty awesome husband and mate as well.  I am really blessed...

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a reconnected family! I laughed out loud at the daughter proofing your room and your friend following you! That is too funny! We've been having a ton of fun with ThinkGeek.com & ComputerGear.com with my family...oh the laughs at the t-shirts (only if you're geeky)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it.. I am betting there are LOTS of "geeky" HOH types... And yeah well, thankfully we have been best friends for a long time. However, the look on her face was priceless.... Thanks for stopping by...

      Delete
  2. Woohoo - so happy to hear you are all enjoying your time with the Man. Too bad you didn't have a camera to take a picture of your friends face when she watched you 'daughter-proof' your room. Gotta ask - did she make any comments or was she too stunned?

    Continue to enjoy your time together with your awesome Man.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No comments.. unless you count... Dear GOD....

      Delete
  3. Sounds like things are wonderful right now, Dana. I'm so happy for you. Enjoy your time with him and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. I have been thinking of you and praying. I know this time is hard..

      Delete
  4. Oh you sound so content!

    It's nice to have NOTHING to stress over. Or nothing worth stressing over right NOW. Long enough, anyway, to enjoy just BEING IN THE MOMENT!

    ReplyDelete