Saturday, November 10, 2012

Is there a support group for HoH Withdrawl?

The time has come, the time is now...  I am sitting quietly, gathering up my strength to send The Man off with a smile on my face and making sure he knows just how much I love him.

It has been a particularly sweet/struggle this time home.  We have learned and grown, and worked on us.  Sometimes, life gets so busy, that we put our relationship on the back burner, thinking it will just maintain itself till we can get back to it.  This we have learned is NOT the case. 

I have not the strength to do for others if I have not filled my well with the reserves of his love and strength.  He can not fill my tank if I have not filled his.  It's like on the plane when they are talking about safety and it says, if you are helping someone, put YOUR oxygen on first.  I have to keep myself in good working order in order to do the things I must for others.  This has been a very hard lesson for me.  (Yeah, well don't be thinking I've got it down pat...)

So, I will drive him to the airport.  We will talk, we will laugh, he will leave me instructions of things he would like to see done.  I will not cry as that breaks his heart and makes it difficult for him to leave..    (So I wait till I pull away).  I will hug him and kiss him and tell him to come home safely to me.  We are strong, but we are so much stronger together.  He will squeeze me tight and pat my bottom and promise he will.

This is our song.  It is so... Us...  I love that Moon Hangin' Man of Mine.



13 comments:

  1. Dana darlin', I know it's hard and you feel as if a piece of you is getting on that plane but remember, you are a strong woman and you will make it through this separation. The support group for HoH withdrawal? Right here! Vent, pout, cry, whine, growl, snort, whatever. Or on any of our blogs! Or email, phone, text - we will be here for you.

    BTW - No driving and crying!

    (((Hugs))), prayers, and blessings,
    Cat

    PS, Love the song, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat said everything so well, Dana. You are strong, but you can lean on us. We want to help you. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. there are days I just don't wanna be strong...

      Delete
  3. um, here we are. feel free to yell and vent and gripe and be angry and hurt ... we're here to catch you, comfort, yell right along.

    i am sending you a massive hug and tons of positive energy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I slept with his shirt last night. It still smells like him. He leaves me one everytime he leaves. It helps me sleep.

      Delete
  4. I'm here for you Dana. If you ever need someone to talk, vent or cry to, you know how to find me. :)

    Hang in there. The support group for HOH withdrawal, like others said, is right here in Blogland, and it's the best kind of support group you can find.

    (HUGS!)

    -Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chelsea. I shouldn't be such a whiner. It's only three weeks this time..

      Delete
  5. If there's not a support group - there should be.
    My hubby was in London for only 3 days
    How I survived - I'll never know!
    Call for help on your blog - and we'll all be there!
    hugs
    Jack's Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya. The Man works a schedule where he is home 28 and gone the same. The home time is great... the gone time onot so much...

      Delete
  6. I have enjoyed reading your blog - only just discovered it.
    Three weeks seems like along time at first, but in my experience I get used to it and don't feel the separation so much after a few days. Presumably you'll keep in touch, that can be a fresh approach to each other. Very often you can say things in an email that would be hard to say face to face, especially if writing comes easy to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by. We do keep in touch. The missing does settle down after a few days. The holiday season is tough as he won't be home for Thanksgiving. We email one another often. He is in different time zone so it makes it tough...Feel free to stop by any time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right here, Dana, as everyone else said. I would not have gotten through Ward's last deployment without everyone here. You can email us, too - ward_june@ymail.com.

    It never gets easier, but that's why we're a special breed. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete