Saturday, November 24, 2012

How You've Grown....

The Holiday has been good.  All of my children were in one place for several days at a time.  My parents are doing well, and the only down side is The Man was not here.

My oldest son and his wife came in for the holidays.  The holidays are a very difficult time for my daughter and I was so appreciative of him stepping in and taking time to give me a break from the emotional mine field that often accompanies this time of year.

Simply put,  "sugar Man" you are my first born.  When I looked at you, I thought... "I will never love another human being like I love you."  Well, any mother or more than one child, knows that isn't true.  I love them all the same amount, but differently as they are all different.

You have given my such joy.  And even though you will never read this, I just have to share that you are such an amazing young man.  You are soft spoken, and even though you are over 6 feet  tall, when I look at you I see that sweet faced little boy with shining brown eyes who saw the wonder in everything in your world.  You still see the world, only now you are looking for a way to make it a better place.

Your love for your sister is such a sweetness to me that it is often hard to breathe when I watch you with her.  You are consistent and strong with compassion.  Your loyalty to those you love is strong and large.  Your love for your grandparents is a precious jewel that is hard to find and rare in it's beauty.

So...  this is our song..  How I love you...

8 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post Dana. Sounds like you raised a great man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tribute to an awesome son Dana. Copy this out and email it to him - he will cherish it always.

    Such an awesome son is also a tribute to an outstanding mother - he didn't get that way all by himself.

    Glad you have all your chicks for a bit and look on the bright side - the Man will be home for Christmas! :D

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your natural ability to be an encourager humbles me. Thank you so much for just being you.

      Delete
  3. Hi Dana. Just saying hi. I just added you to my list and will be back to read more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Susie. I love having cyber friends...Stop by any time

      Delete
  4. Tears, tears ... thinking of my youngest son, who has no sister to love nor knows any of his siblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry Malcolm. The love my children have for one another is truly a blessing.

      Delete