Thursday, October 25, 2012

Inquiring Minds and all that Jazz

Today's blog is based on the following excerpts from text messages from my phone...

Me:  Do I have to go to my Doctor's appointment today?

The Man:  Yes, NO excuses.

Me:  I don't much like you right now.

The Man:  I can live with that.

Later... after the steam has stopped rising from the top of my head...

Me:  I don't think I can do this...

The Man:  Yes you can.


MAJOR MORAL SUPPORT NEEDED!!!!!!\

Me:  I don't want to go to the Doctor, and the Man has already said no excuses...

Cat:  Sorry Sweetie... but I agree ...

Me:  I think I would rather take the spanking...  It surely won't be THAT bad...

Cat:  Ummmm  I think it's gonna be under the catergory of one that I never, EVER, EVER, ever want to do THAT again...

So, I went.  It was really hard, but I went.  Some good news, some not so good news, but nothing that can't be dealt with.

Even after all my anxiety and less than pleasant attitude, when I walked out into the lobby, sitting there was.... The Man, waiting patiently, lovingly, and all mine.  He opened his arms and I went to them. 

7 comments:

  1. So proud of you for going. Now the worst (unknown) is over and you and The Man will get through this together. He is awesome and so are you!

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I been told that I have to make my GYN appointment today. I always went every year for birth control, but now that I don't need that, I have been avoiding going. I don't just HATE IT, hate it, but I don't like it. I just am such a procrastinator now that I quit work a couple of years ago. I have also been told to make an appointment for a massage (because I have a gift certificate for 6 that expire Dec 31). AND I have to have the main rooms in the house clean, all before he gets off early at 11:30. What am I doing? Reading Blogs. I got a spanking last night, only 5 hours ago... for not making a phone call, I was told to make.
    It's a good thing you went to your appointment. If he had planned on going up there, and you weren't there, Oh my, that would have been a bad thing! I'm going to draw strength from this post and do what I'm suppose to do, NOT to mention that I don't want that hickory paddle applied again. God Bless You and Yours, Belle L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Belle, I so totally understand. I put things off that have anything to do with doctors, but this one in particular. And you are right, if he had gone and I was not there, OH LORD...

      Delete
  3. I HATE the Dr's office. I recently made an appt for some issues I was having and very kindly informed the Dr. that I had not been to a dr, other than my OB/GYN while I was pregnant, for 13 yrs. I proceeded to inform him that he needed to run every test he could think of because it was very likely that I would not be back. Not really the best attitude. I completely understand your not wanting to go...but glad you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.. I told the doctor she wouldn't need to worry about me being a "regular".

      Delete
  4. Dana, Good for you that it's finally over with. It must be a big relief. I'm not any better with doctors. I haven't been to the gyn for 11 years. You're lucky you have the Man to make you go and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well on days like THAT day, it's a matter of opinion...

      Delete