Sunday, October 14, 2012

He gets it... And so do I...

We had a wonderful weekend in Atlanta.  I truly had his undivided attention.   I heard several times throughout the weekend, "Have I told you lately how much I love you?"  It was always out of nowhere, not any time when it could be said, it was because of something I was doing.

 
 
 
I have to admit, nothing, NOTHING makes me bossier, brattier, or pushier than feeling uncertain, afraid, or like things are out of control.  He has shown me in a most loving way this weekend, that he gets it. Therefore, so have I.
 
 
 
 
 
I have been disciplined, I have been spanked till we both felt better (maintenance), swatted in public (in a playful/serious manner), expected to yield in obedience,  and so very loved.  I have been able to settle down, and feel secure.  He has stepped up and in that, I have been able to step under the shelter of his strength.  I find that I fit just perfectly under his arm, at his shoulder,  right next to his heart.
 
This place.. it is beside him.  He is taller, so he is over me, but I am there to keep him from falling.  I am there to support.  I am tucked under his heart, sheltered by his strength.  I truly believe that is what marriage is supposed to be.  It has been such a wonderful weekend.  Do I sometimes chafe at his authority?  Well, Yeah..  But he gets it.. and so do I....  And it's leading to quite a wonderful life we are living....
 
 



8 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful post Dana. It sounds like a very healing weekend and I am so happy for both of you!

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet. May every day be so sweet for you both, Belle L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I'm glad you had such a wonderful weekend together! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the end of the day, this man loves me so very much, and I love him. We are working at it..

      Delete
  4. This is beautifully expressed, Dana :)

    ReplyDelete