Sunday, September 16, 2012

On the Eve of a New Beginning

Well tomorrow is the day.  I went shopping today after making out a menu.  The ground rules have been set, and I go tomorrow to talk with a personal trainer.

This is not easy for me, and it's not easy for him.  The Man does NOT like to spank me, or discipline me.  I have promised to be honest and that means he will have to.  I'm human and well I like cookies...

I thought about it and prayed about it and this is what I sent The Man today.  I am putting it here so that IF (never not me) I should ever whine and complain, you all can remind me of what I promised, of my OWN free will.


Upon thinking and reflecting about what I want from this journey, I have come to the following conclusions:
1.        My body was wonderfully designed by God, and it is not right for me to treat it disrespectfully.

2.       I have committed to not damage our relationship.  When I don’t eat right, it causes problems for us in the areas of intimacy, and my ability to thrive in our relationship.

3.       When I choose not to eat right, I am a poor example for our children.

4.       When I choose to not take care of my health, I am breaking the rule of not exercising dangerous behavior, as it leads to health problems.

5.       I understand that my need to find comfort in food is a form of distancing from you.  I should turn to you for comfort, not destructive behaviors that make me feel bad about myself and defeats my goals.

That being said, I promise the following:
1.        To keep my daily food log.

2.       To exercise 5 days a week.

3.       To work on the things emotionally that causes me to want to eat.

4.       To be honest with you in my food log and exercise log, even if it means punishment.

5.       I will accept your discipline with the understanding it wipes the slate clean and every day is a new day.

6.       I will find ways to be good to myself and strive to become acceptable to myself. 

I am asking you to: 

1.        Be consistent.  Help me be consistent.  I need your strength to hold me accountable. 

2.       I need you to love me enough to discipline me.  This is nothing you are doing to me.  You are helping me in a way that I am asking you to for my own sake.

3.       Help me to keep on my schedule even when you are home.

I love you so very much for loving me enough to walk this journey with me.

Dana
 
So, as you can see, it's all or nothing.  Wish me luck, and pray the CEO at McDonald's doesn't  here about this...

6 comments:

  1. I have faith in you - you can do this! Just remember in all your planning to add a guilty pleasure here and there to ensure that you don't feel too deprived. If the CEO of McDonald's hear's about this, we'll just make him/her jump on the diet also!

    Praying for your success!
    Hugs,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! You are such an encourager!! I miss talking to you on the net..

      Delete
  2. This is wonderful Dana. You can do this. Good luck with the trainer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you wrote. Very well said.

    You can do this. I think I need to send the same thing to my guy as well. Maybe it's, we can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have set up your expectations very well and it is great that you recognize that the enemy is "food" and not "you".

    I've had a personal trainer in the past and they can be great motivation - someone you are accountable to that has no emotional attachment to your success or failure.

    I wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stumbled across your site. My HoH has set exactly the same expectations for me.
    Plus he works on a 9 and 5 rotation so he is also gone 6 months out of the year!! We have just discovered the DD lifestyle in August and I wish I had found your site earlier.
    The only difference is I think my kids are quite a bit younger..11 and 8 so I have that added to my plate.
    Thank you so much for sharing...I do not feel as alone in my feelings and anxieties!
    Kath

    ReplyDelete