Sunday, September 23, 2012

OKAY!! Who did it?

I have been "involved" with the network and blogland for a few months now.  I have often felt sorry for the other gals whose HoH seem much stricter than mine.  I have however figured out, that TTWD is a tailor made fit for each couple.  The Man doesn't want to micro-manage me, and I don't know that I could live under that kind of strain.  I fear I would drive myself crazy and become resentful and bitter in the "trying" to get things just right. 

That being said, in the times when I am so stressed and I feel like things are pulling me in all directions and there isn't enough of me to go around, I find that I can't get ANYTHING done.  I'm either too overwhelmed to even begin the tasks I need to do or I can't seem to figure out where to start.  In desperation, yesterday I asked the Man to hold me accountable for a list of tasks I wanted to get done yesterday.  He agreed, AND.


 
 
AND
 
 
He informed me that I would need to be in bed at a certain time.  So....  the ONLY thing I can figure is that one of the OTHER Hoh'y type people has unduly influenced mine...  Add with that the fact I now have a writing assignment to help me to help him figure out the demands on my time...  Yep, I'm sure of it.  I'm so appreciative... NOT....
 
 
So in a very short amount of time I have experienced the following:
 
  • A writing assignment (it's not punishment, but one is going to come down the pike IF I don't get it done.)
  • A bedtime
  • A dead line for a doctor's apointment
  • Accountability for tasks 
 
And he's done it in a very quiet, calm, no nonsense, I love you and it's not up for debate kinda way.  He always listens and makes decisions accordingly.  You know like, I did the two rooms I said in the house yesterday, but didn't get the number of loads laundry done because one of the kids had one in the washer, and then turned the dryer off and I didn't realize it.  Or when I explain that I took a nap as he encouraged, and I'm not tired. 
 
Yeah, the writing assignment is iron clad as is that doctor's appointment.  I tried to wiggle my way out of the assignment, but it's a NO go, and well, we won't discuss that appointment again.  I sometimes (gggrrrr) chafe at this new turn of events.  Yet, I feel better, am calmer.  Go figure!!!!
 


15 comments:

  1. Sheesh Dana, ya ask for ONE thing and the stinkers take it and run with it! Are you sure the Man isn't reading Mick's and/or Bas's blogs? On second thought, maybe he doesn't need to. I'm beginning to wonder if these HoH's a secret communication line, which they use to get ideas and suggestions of what has worked with others.

    I am happy to hear that you are better and calmer. Nope, not even going to try to figure. LOL

    Enjoy your time with the Man and be careful what you ask for!
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iknow right? And he's not even here.. Just knows I'm gonna be obedient...

      Delete
  2. I am glad you're feeling better Dana. I am right there with you as far as becoming overwhelmed with too many tasks. Then when I ask for " help", I end up with other restrictions. I know for a fact my husband has no communication with other dd'ers, so maybe it's a natural progression for an HOH. Lucky for you, the Man knows just what you need. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sticking with secret communication...

      Delete
  3. The boys are doing their thing at WordPress.... Lol.

    Mine has been reading all of the ladies' blogs to me. Seems even these are filled with "bad ideas" as certain ones of us detail what their HoH is up to.

    Scary words "hmmm, sounds like Ogre has a good idea"

    Eeeek

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't do it. Wasn't me. Uh-uh. I swear. But I wish you lots of luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's something very reassuring about knowing they're keeping tabs, watching over us, and keeping us accountable, isn't there Dana? I look to Michael for help when I start feeling overwhelmed as well. He often helps me cut through all that emotion and get a game plan in place so that I can move forward and stop spinning my wheels. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to know that I am not alone.

      Delete
  6. Oh I feel for you - it is both quite reassuring and frightening when your Hoh really starts to get the feel for his role.

    It is always helpful for me to remember that what I want and what I need are not always the same things.

    I'll be rooting for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... I'm trying.. I'm pretty stressed right now.

      Delete
  7. Lol, I just asked Ward last night - what do they teach that in HoH school? Maybe they just have an akashic record.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO kidding.. Is there a school? Cause I think mine is making straight A's right now.. GRRRR

      Delete
  8. Hi Dana! Not sure why it took me this long to stumble upon your blog, but I am here now and glad for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tess,

      I am so glad you took the time to read...

      Delete