Monday, September 3, 2012

And The Magic Words Are...

All in all we have had a wonderful weekend.  We ended up with 19 people at our house for a cook out for the Man's birthday.  It was awesome.  I love to entertain.  I also get spun up when things don't go just right.  I feel like it's a poor reflection on me.

Well, everyone had a wonderful time.  The grill didn't work out quite like planned, but the Man fixed it.  Which brings me to the Magic words...  Ya know "THOSE" words.  The ones that say, stop now, cease desist, knock it off..  You get the idea.

I have come to realize when I hear the words, "Alright, Little Girl" in just that tone, It's time to STOP.  He is becoming more confident in his role, and I am in mine.  I am able to relax, most of the time.  There are still times when only a spanking will do.  Only time with my bottom in the air and the hand or paddle being applied resets my emotions, releases the nerves and stress.

He has also figured out other things.  he insists that I rest.  He takes time to work out with me in the pool and makes sure that I just relax.  He is coming to understand how much the house means to me and he is working to make sure things don't fall apart while he's home.

We don't always get it right.  DD doesn't make life all better, but it does make it easier to get through things.  We still have moments.  I have been rude to him and apologized immediately.  I sometimes wish  he would hold me accountable for those times.  They are fewer and further between, but still something I struggle with.

He struggles with ADD, and TTWD has had huge benefits for him.  He holds himself to a much higher standard and works to be a man I can respect.  On an amusing note, he threatened to spank me in public the other day.  Not that he would in public, but mentioned..  I said, "WE are in public."  He said, "Nobody knows you here, and nobdy heard it but you, so STRAIGHTEN up!!"  I blushed, chuckled, and STRAIGHTENED UP.  So, do any of the rest of you have something besides The Look that tells you  that you are headed down the path of a red tush?

4 comments:

  1. Matthew would put his hand on my tush and whisper in my ear "Do you really want to go there?" or "Do you really think this behavior is in your best interest?"

    Yup - got my attention. :)
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun weekend. I'm glad he helped you stay relaxed.

    Jack's warning is to squeeze my neck with his big hand. I hate having my neck touched, which he knows, and he only does it when he wants to send a clear "get back in line" signal.

    I hate it, but I guess it works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Dana, but I wish I did. Warnings would be so nice. I'm glad you had a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, the LOOK is about all it takes to get my attention! I have been threatened with a public spanking too. He was only joking, I think....

    ReplyDelete