Sunday, August 5, 2012

"Let me be clear."

Ya know sunshine and roses.  Up till now, I haven't explained that I have a stubborn side.  Yeah, I have gotten spanked over my diet, smoking and my emotions getting away with me.  However, let me be clear.  I DO NOT LIKE BEING TOLD WHAT TO DO!!!






We have a set of rules and I try my best to follow them.  When I break them, I know the consequences, so it a strange way I am in control of whether or not I'm spanked, and when I am then it's over something I chose to do. (sounds good doesn't it)

However, there are occasions when The Man flat out TELLS me what I am to do complete with time line.  Isn't he nifty?  NOT. 


ISN'T IT NIFTY THAT TIME IS IN HIS HANDS?  NOT


I have a phobia about going to the doctor.  I don't like going to the doctor.  I like my doctor, I just hate being poked and prodded.  I finally broke down and talked with The Man last night about the fact that since my gall bladder surgery, things have not felt okay in my abdominal cavity.  Like right at my diaphram.  You know how it feels when you have been sucker punched right there?  That is how it feels.  After exercise is worse.  So this is how it went.

The Man:  Call the Doctor.
Me:  Which doctor? 
The Man:  Start with the one who did your surgery and move to Dr. ____ if the first can't help you.
Me:  Do you think it's something serious?
The Man:  Why wouldn't you think that?
Me:  Don't be mad.
The Man:  Call the doctor.
Me:  I will do my best.  (Wait for it... wait for it)
The Man:  After a lengthy pause....  
Let me be very clear.  I don't care what kind of emergency, work, family VBS, you WILL call the doctor first thing Monday.
Me:  Not to be outdone....  I guess now would be a really bad time to stick me tongue out at you?




The Man:  Considering you have less than two weeks to wait for :



The Man:  I don't think it's in your best interest no.
Me:  Then I will just say Yes Sir.
The Man:  Good thinking.


Well, I hate it.  I mean he has removed any excuse up front (all my normal ones for NOT doing what was asked) My stubborn mind immediately said..  Well now, he's NOT gonna know if you don't call FIRST thing, you can wait till afternoon, you can NOT call on Monday, you can wait till Tuesday, you can call BEFORE they open and leave a message.  Pffft... I HATE being told what to do.



7 comments:

  1. Dana, Dana, Dana - I really do understand stubborn but woman you are taking it to the extreme! Please call first thing Monday morning!

    Ya know, for most HoH's, failure to make doctor appointments falls under the "Dangerous" category. Do you really want to be on the receiving end of violating 2 D's????

    Take care of yourself, Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna call. Shuffling feet and hanging head.. BUT.. I don't have to like it.

      Delete
  2. Dana, I can relate! I really hate anyone telling me what to do. I have to admit that there have been times I would deliberately do the exact opposite of what I have been "told". I guess we both know what happens now for an attitude like that. Maybe you'd better call Monday! BTW, I hope everything turns out okay for you at the Doctor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iknow.. I know... I try to be good but ya know?

      Delete
  3. Dana, I just found your blog this evening and had a great time browsing through the archives. I can't wait to catch up more thoroughly and will be a regular.

    By the way, I can relate all too well to you hating to be told what to do. I may even be guilty of telling my man Jack "I HATE doing what you tell me to!" a time or two...MAYBE... :)

    Hope all goes well with the doctor.

    -Molly Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly Rose,

    I am glad to have you. Thanks for stopping by. And YES, it's hard for me to "take direction"

    ReplyDelete
  5. fatty liver home cure fatty liver home cure fatty liver
    home cure

    Feel free to visit my blog post :: how to treat non alcoholic fatty liver

    ReplyDelete