Saturday, August 4, 2012

It's been a Kick the Dog Kinda Day!!!

One might ask what causes this kind of day.  I don't normally vent.  I share, garner support, whatever..  Let me tell ya, it's been a bad damn day, and I'm grumpy, hateful, and I don't FEEL good.  There, I've said it.   I'm sick.  I hate being sick.  I am not a "Oh come wait on me, pamper me, I'm sick kinda person."  I'm a  "I would really like to rip your arm off and beat you with it if you talk to me or come near me when I'm sick" kinda person.  Just imagine how well that works in a household full of KIDS and DOGS.  Notice I didn't say anything about another adult?  Right. 

I do NOT begrudge The Man his job.  He loves it, it enables him to provide for his family in more than he could in ANY job where he stays home.  OHHHH did I mention that I thought the well was going dry today?  Yeah, my bonehead 16 year old didn't get the outside hose cut off completely.  Water pressure down.  He still has his head. (read I didn't pay for a plumber to come tell me this)

I was able to can 6 quarts of tomatoes tonight.  While canning my youngest came home with my daughter, and brought the dog into the fray.  Picture this, I'm running a fever, I'm canning, at a very sensitive point, the youngest is excited to be home (bless him) talking 50 miles a minute with EVERY sentence beginning with Mom, Mom, MOM and ending with ya know.  And the dog has the nerve to trip me.  At which point I say, exasperated...  "GET OUT FROM UNDER MY FEET, DOG!!!  I AM SOOOO NOT IN THE MOOD." 

My daughter comes to me and says (ya gotta love 'em, except when you want to kill 'em)  "Mom, you sound like an 18th century orphan, go to bed."  "You are sick, you don't feel good, and it's just ugly up in here."  And then, ... then... she hugged me.  My little guy says, "Mom what do you need me to do?  You need me to clean, I'm your man."  At supper, he volunteered he and his brother to pick my green beans so they don't ruin.    Yeah, they are really good kids.

I can't sleep cause I feel bad, and I Really, REALLY need to.  Ya see, Vacation Bible School starts Monday and all of the supplies need to be purchased tomorrow.  Oh.. guess who is the director?  Yep, that would be me.  Can we say, Glutton for punishment?  Oh hush!!!  I'm not the ONLY one that seems to think their plate is bigger than it actually is.....  Thanks guys for reading my ranting.  Somehow, it makes me feel better, and all I can say is Thank you JESUS the Man is not home right now.  I would have never made it without a red butt.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Dana, that was a bad day! It can only get better from there. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang Dana - bad day indeed! I bet if the Man was home, he'd put you to bed, ask for your supplies shopping list so he could do the shopping, and would not give you a red tush. Just a stern warning to rest/sleep!

    Be easy on yourself - hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete