Saturday, August 25, 2012

Drive In Anyone?

What a wonderful night.  We are having a back to School party at our house today.  This means that approximately 20-25 teens and adults are about to crash our home.  We love it.  However, I have this thing about our home being clean and presentable.  I had told The Man earlier that I would love to go to the drive in as they were playing two not one but TWO movies I really wanted to see. 

Long and short, I looked at my house on Friday morning and said, "No way, the movies are happening tonight" and I was sad.  Off I went to work trying not to feel put out or disappointed.  The Man has not felt well, and it was not him.  My children schmooze him on a regular basis on how well they can do stuff.  He's not home all the time, so he doesn't know that they are as capable of cleaning as I am.  It frustrates me that he tolerates it and that they show him this kind of disrespect.  So, I told him to tell THEM to clean this house as if they were doing it for ME.  All the while, thinking, not gonna happen.

Well, flash forward, I came home and the house was spotless.  All cleaned, and looking sparkly.  He had gotten the message from me that they were ABLE to do better, and followed through.  I was so thrilled.  We were both tired and considered not going on our date, but at the last minute, threw caution to the wind, made sandwiches and picked up stuff for a picnic at the drive in and off we went.

We had an amazing time.  Bourne Legacy and Expendables II were awesome IF you like that kind of thing  and I do.  We laughed and talked and had a picnic and limped home at 1 am.  It was amazing.  He is such a good Husband.

6 comments:

  1. That sounds wonderful Dana! I'm so glad you had a good time. Now pleeeease tell me how to get my husband to get my kids to clean up. Pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He knows that my house being upside down drives me bonkers...

      Delete
  2. How sweet and thoughtful! Sounds like a wonderul time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great night and even better that the kids got the house done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a much needed "us" time..

      Delete