Wednesday, July 4, 2012

What a candy bar and smokes will get ya...

Well, I promised to be fair, I promised to be honest.  I promise laughter when I can.   So, it's no secret from the previous entries that it just hasn't been sunshine and roses in my own little corner of the world.  And ya know?  That's life.  I know mine isn't any worse than others and better than many.

That being said...After the following:

1.  Major issue with my kid that caused enough hurt feelings for all involved
2.  The Man saying HE will handle it.
3.  The MAN being gone until 7/19/12
4.  The dog drinking anti-freeze after eating my garden
5.  Major upheaval with my folks
6.  A training that reared the ugly head of PTSD
7.  My mother going into the hospital
8.  My dad having to go to the wound center again...

Whew, that's enough bout that..  In the face of all of this, and ending with 2 hours of sleep in 72 hours, when the little voice that only thinks to make things better said, "well now, smokes help with this whole stressed thing, especially if you can get a candy  bar to go with it."

Well now... I would love to tell you I remembered the rules.  Well I did remember the rules.  I would love to tell you I obeyed the rules.  What I can tell you is....

                                                                THIS


PLUS THIS



EQUALS



I feel much better having come clean with The Man.  He was kind and loving, but yeah, I'm getting a spanking when he gets home because those are the rules.  Hopefully, the one I have coming will be enough to keep me on the straight and narrow.  His exact words were, "I am glad you told me.  I am going to spank you when I get home, but honey you have been under so much stress, I will keep that in mind when I do spank."  You can't ask for more than that.


7 comments:

  1. have you discovered arnica cream yet? it will help, glad he's gonna take into consideration the turmoil and stress.... how are your parents... and how is the dog after anti freeze.... that cant have been pretty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to ask. My mom is at home resting, my dad is well, as well as can be expected and unfortunately, the dog did not survive the antifreeze.

      Delete
    2. sorry to hear about the dog. but very glad to hear your pairents are fairing better thou.

      Delete
  2. Dana, I just wanted to say hello to you. It sounds like you have a lot going on in your life! Good for you for being honest with your husband. Wishing you the best as you navagate all you have going on until your husband is home again. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SNP,

      Ya know, it's just life. It's just hard sometimes. Yes, it was a serious struggle to be honest, especially when he's not home. Thank you so much for the good wishes and taking the time to be supportive. It truly means alot.

      Delete
  3. (((hugs))) Dana, I'm glad your folks are doing better, and I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I hope you have gotten some sleep. It's terrible when all sorts of things start adding up, and harder even when you're doing it on your own. I know how that goes (Ward has been deployed). But in the face of all that, it seems that you have held up admirably.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh June, thanks so much for your kind words.. It just tough when you feel like you have pulled your "big girl" panties up so much the elastic is getting stretchy....:)

      Delete