Thursday, July 12, 2012

Veggie Tales and Mercy...

So, it's been quite a rough couple of weeks.  I try to be good.  I try to be positive, and the ladies on a site I chat have been so very encouraging (thanks guys).  However, at some point, you start thinking...  I'm pretty sure somebody else has a better life.  WHY doesn't anything bad EVER happen to them?  If I could be here or there, or this or that, life would be so much better.

So, last night, at church (I teach the kids on Wednesday night)  I got a very important message, and it came from all places....

Aren't they cute?


Basically, the message went like this, "God has placed you where you are.  You are right where you are supposed to be, in the rough times as well as the good."  Well I felt like someone had ...



Rung MY bell!!!

Yes, it has been tough.  Yes I have managed to earn a spanking while The Man is gone.  No, I don't particularly like it.  But I will try to remember while said spanking is being applied that God has placed me with a Man who understands mercy.  Mercy is when your wife forgets to make a doctor's appointment when she was given a time frame.  Mercy is understanding that at this point, an appointment with the GYN doctor + PTSD= Brain simply put it away somewhere for another day.  Mercy is when The Man said, "I don't know if you are beyond your time frame or not.  With what you have had on your plate, I'm not looking back to see.  MAKE the appointment today." 

Which I did, while I was on the computer with him.  I am where I am supposed to be.  In the rough.  In the tough.  In the fun.  In the silly.  In the happy.  And I wouldn't  be anywhere else.  I was prepared and told him that I would accept the consequences of not making the appointment even though I couldn't really remember the time frame.  My willingness to be honest and submit allowed for mercy.  (this time no ice cream cone was involved....)




7 comments:

  1. I usually get up at 4am with my husband to fix his lunch. This morning he told me to stay in bed because I didn't sleep much last night. When I got up I saw a note with a couple of things for me to do.. yuck! One was making a call to the company that is handling my disability claim. I just want to put my head under the under the covers, and he knows it. I didn't make it before he got home, but I didn't get in trouble. He just said go make the call. I didn't have a choice, made the call, and was glad when I got her voice mail which said I could send an email. So (yea)I sent an email instead. We all know in this lifestyle, Mercy is great, but we still don't get out of doing things we don't want to do. By the way, I love Veggie Tails. "God is Bigger than the Boogie Man" and "Oh Where is My Hairbrush" is two that I remember. God be with you in all that you are going through, and may He bless you and all those you love, Belle L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belle,

      You have been more than kind to me. Thank you so much. and you are right. I received mercy, tempered with... GET IT DONE.

      Delete
  2. Ya gotta love Veggie Tales! God has a way of getting our attention doesn't he? Even if it is through cute animated vegetables meant for children. Sometimes I think I get as much out of the children's lessons at church as they do...perhaps sometimes more! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I wasn't even looking for it, expecting it, but God said.. Here ya go...

      Delete
  3. thanks for sharing. youve reminded me that ive got to make hubby a doctors appointment to lol..... better do it monday morning....
    TW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!!!! I don't mind making his... It's MINE that I am dodging...

      Delete
  4. You have PTSD? I was wondering how it worked with DD. On my good day (yesterday) I was sure that I could make it work. Today (a really bad day) I am afraid it would send me back to hiding in the closet. I just know I need structure which now is not there. I am lucky to have a man who loves me unconditionally and wants only the best for me, but he isn't really assertive. Unfortunately, ADD + PTSD = one lousy journey when there is now rules and consequencs to fall back on when I can't function on my own. Without it I feel like I am suspended in chaos.

    Yesterday I took a leap and posted (a virtualy book!) on the Learning Domestic Discipline site. Today I so want to take it back, I feel like I stuck myself out on the center median of a busy hiway with a sign which says, FUBARD.
    Eme

    ReplyDelete