Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Vacation... Vacation...

Never it let it be said that I can not take a page from someone else's book, read it, and then Implement it.  After reading another bloggers entry that I have great respect for....  Red Booty Woman.. are you reading?  Are you?  Huh?  Huh?  The Man and I are going away for the weekend.


Pretty isn't it? 

I am in a similar situation with family and responsiblities.  I don't feel I am even close to in the ball park with the other person, but still.  It's hard and often stressful.  So... I called my OTHER sibling and left the follow message: 
"Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I'm going out of town, well state actually for a few days.  The folks seem to be fine, but if they need something, I'll need you for back up.  Thanks, Love ya Bye."

And is anyone reading this message surprised that I got a phone call this morning?  "Where ya going?  What are you doing?  How long will you be gone?  I don't think you are allowed to leave the state... (said jokingly)"  To which I replied,  "And this is why I waited till the last minute to tell ANYONE I was going."  "Just, please, play back up and I'll be home on Monday."

So... drum roll, please..... The Man and I are going away just the two of us for 4 count them 4 glorious days. 




10 comments:

  1. Dana, I hope you have two have a wonderful time. Sounds like a well deserved break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. We really do. He is taking my cell phone and everything...

      Delete
  2. Woohoo!!!! Go Dana - home you enjoy yourselves and come back totally refreshed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat. I am really looking forward to the break.

      Delete
  3. Yay! I hope you have a wonderful time! You deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace!! I am really excited to have him all to myself.

      Delete
  4. Yes, Dana, she is reading... lol.

    She hopes you have an awesome time with your husband on a mini-vacation! She is also looking forward to a weekend alone with hers in 2 days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you have such an awesome trip..

      Delete
  5. If we had the pennies, then we would be doing the same. HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME. hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can recommend hotels.com. You gotta search, but you can often get AWESOME deals. I will pray that one comes your way. Everyone needs time away.

      Delete